What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first complaint since purchase.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
OK, I purchased the iPad (1ed) back in September. I have run flawlessly through the first major iOS upgrade, have tons of apps and use it everyday for work (I am in IT). It has been a dream and time saver and waster. :D

Last night I went through the upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3 with no issues. I did a sync before upgrading (found it cuts the time of upgrade down quite a bit as it doesn't have to run the full backup during the upgrade process) and then kicked off the iOS upgrade. It took right at 15 minutes start to finish. :)

I come back to my new 4.3 iPad, make some tune changes and switch out some movies and shows and sync again. Everything works and is synced up correctly. I tested out the new Safari and AirPlay from Vimeo, Video Sharing For You and it worked like a charm to my (now updated) Apple TV (another device I love) and I went to bed happy. :cool:

When I got up this morning, I went and messed with my settings, turning the Mute slider back to the Screen Lock slider, and on a whim, just looked about. I was amazed and a little ticked. :mad:

The iOS upgrade renamed my iPad back to the default name in iTunes. I had named it to fall in line with the other devices on my home network, but that got stripped. :mad:

However, as it is an easy fix, it is really no big deal - I just don't remember the last upgrade doing that. :confused:

Anyway, 4.2.1 to 4.3 has been great. :p

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Hmm. Haven't seen that issue before, but hey. It was only something small and super easy to deal with. Its not like it crashed your pad :p

OP
Somerled

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Like I said, I am not worried about it. I am not having any sync issues, no other app issues or issues with iTunes at all, so I am not complaining in the strictest sense. was really making a comment.

[edit]And, after I did a quick reboot, it is back to my normal name.[/edit]

Most reactions

Latest posts