What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody jailbroke their iPad 2 with Absinthe?

Valkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same easy to do worked flawlessly. But back to standard now as I found Skype wouldn't work once Jailbroken and I use it quite a lot so for me it was a deal breaker.

IMoL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I followed the instructions, no issues, works fine.

I have no issues with Skype either - works fine, including video.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Valkrider said:
The same easy to do worked flawlessly. But back to standard now as I found Skype wouldn't work once Jailbroken and I use it quite a lot so for me it was a deal breaker.

There is a tweak that makes Skype work, I believe.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone has ever rooted, or jailbroken an android device...it may discourage you from doing it to your iPad. The iPad unlock is so quick and easy that I was seriously surprised. Took about 15 minutes, then a couple hours afterwards teaching myself everything about the jailbreak.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone has ever rooted, or jailbroken an android device...it may discourage you from doing it to your iPad. The iPad unlock is so quick and easy that I was seriously surprised. Took about 15 minutes, then a couple hours afterwards teaching myself everything about the jailbreak.

Why? I've rooted several Android devices & all but one used a one click app from the computer just like with the iPad...the days of adb rooting are fading...usually the first time an Android device is rooted they use adb...but then someone develops a one click (MAYBE 2 clicks) and all is easy...problem comes when manufacturers lock the bootloaders & then rooting becomes dangerously close to bricking your device. Unlocked bootloaders are pretty much fool proof.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikespe said:
Why? I've rooted several Android devices & all but one used a one click app from the computer just like with the iPad...the days of adb rooting are fading...usually the first time an Android device is rooted they use adb...but then someone develops a one click (MAYBE 2 clicks) and all is easy...problem comes when manufacturers lock the bootloaders & then rooting becomes dangerously close to bricking your device. Unlocked bootloaders are pretty much fool proof.

Yes, I should have specified. I have a droid x2. Bootloader locked.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I should have specified. I have a droid x2. Bootloader locked.

However, even now with the Bionic's bootloader locked there is a one click root app....it is of course higher risk...but it took maybe 5min from downloading the app to running it & then rooting. I believe the ipad jailbreak method actually flashes a new image to the drive correct? Forgive me I'm new to ipad & won't get mine until Thurs so I'm not familiar with how everything works yet...

OP
M

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well seems like it works fine then... I'll try to jailbreak my iPad 2 tomorrow when i have time :D

OP
M

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was really easy... I am glad I went for it, it's so worth it. It was done in 4 minutes

Most reactions

Latest posts