What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody else's battery really rubbish on new iPad??

Ljhx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the batteries on apple devices are usually quite rubbish, but since getting my iPad it seems to just run down so quick and also takes ages to charge! Like literally if it's on charge overnight it only gets to about 65-70%! And also while using it when on charge it still runs down quickly!

Is anybody else's like this? Should I contact apple?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ljhx said:
I know the batteries on apple devices are usually quite rubbish, but since getting my iPad it seems to just run down so quick and also takes ages to charge! Like literally if it's on charge overnight it only gets to about 65-70%! And also while using it when on charge it still runs down quickly!

Is anybody else's like this? Should I contact apple?

That's quite a statement to make about the battery here. It may not be the battery but rather the way you have your iPad set up. How high do you have your brightness set? This in itself can be a big battery drain, I have mine set to under half way with Auto Brightness set to On. Do you have many notifications and how do you have your Mail set? Both of these can be a drain on your battery, better to limit notifications and have your mail set to Manual.otherwise your iPad will be continually connecting to the Internet for these and using your battery life needlessly. Different tasks on the iPad can go through more battery than others, streaming and playing high graphic games are both big users.

I'm sure others will chime in with some battery saving ideas, but do have a look at your settings and make some adjustments if necessary and see how you go.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
L

Ljhx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh right I will have a look through my settings thankyou!!

OP
L

Ljhx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carolstar said:
Yes i agree, and do you do a once a month drain and recharge, and what app. are you using

Hi carol, I don't, but I'm going to look in the app store now! I never thought of that! Thanks :)

Most reactions