What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad battery questions

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been checking around and am getting conflicting advice on a couple of things.

Some say you should run the battery down to almost 0% monthly, although I've also been reading that this is bad for the battery and it should never be run down totally.

I've also been reading that it's bad for the battery to use the iPad while it's charging, which is why the cords are so short. I have a 10-foot cord and do use my iPad while it's charging.

I trust the wise people here, so am looking for advice.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Running the battery down once a month or so it to keep the battery percentage indicator properly calibrated. Running the battery down will not harm the battery, but leaving it in a discharged state for an extended period will harm the battery. Leaving the iPad plugged in while using it will cause no harm. Here are the Apple instructions for proper battery care. http://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/ipad.html

Last edited:

Most reactions