What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody else wondering why they made the changes they did to the ipod app in ios5

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having problems with greyed songs on my iPod app, Rich. I've PM'ed you. Hope you can help?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well folks! I've fixed it! I had to delete my songs off my iPod 3x before they were cleared off of the iPad. That's why it didn't work before. I had thought deleting it once was enough but it must have corrupted the songs left on there and failed to synch properly. I reset the iPad and then synced the songs back on there and voila! They are all there! Hope this helps anyone else!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mysteryguy202

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea sorry about that. I am a bit app-dumb, took me so long to figure out how to post I didnt even search.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea sorry about that. I am a bit app-dumb, took me so long to figure out how to post I didnt even search.
To be fair, there aren't that many street signs around here but no one is a stranger, so stop someone and ask. Once you start digging into it you'll see that there's an area and/or thread for just about everything. That said, never hesitate to post a question if what you're looking for doesn't pop up in a quick search!

BTW, if you want to let Apple know what you think about the new Music App or anything else to do with the iPad...give them your feedback (I know we all have).

Apple iPad Feedback

We're looking forward to your participation...enjoy!

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carl 11 said:
thx Rich, saw your other posts on this in another thread.

I really miss the 30 second rewind feature, I have a long commute and I use it frequently, if I have to take a call etc. or just veg out for a minute, tap- back 30 seconds, tap twice and back a minute....I am flummoxed as to why they would REMOVE functionality???

Oh and ,my cover art? its a mystery to me why I had 90% of covers on my last OS and now, no matter how many times I search or try to import them, I am down to maybe, 30-40% of cover art, and some really popular music, that I know the art is out there, nope,

Did you know that you can hold the rewind and fast fwd buttons and it will advance or rewind at faster speeds? If found this by accident.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kwgrimes said:
Did you know that you can hold the rewind and fast fwd buttons and it will advance or rewind at faster speeds? If found this by accident.

Ooo! I didn't know that either. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Schmid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The old music app was much better

They removed lyrics and the shuffle button that used to be on the top of your song list

mbarista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not really happy with the changes the the music app either. What happened the played and unplayed indicators, which for me an my podcast addiction is a big hassle. Having to go to the iTunes site direct instead of the old "Get More Episodes" link for manual podcast downloads really sucks.
I love all my Apple products and there is a lot of them, let's hope they fix those issues.

dezigner3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbarista said:
I am not really happy with the changes the the music app either. What happened the played and unplayed indicators, which for me an my podcast addiction is a big hassle. Having to go to the iTunes site direct instead of the old "Get More Episodes" link for manual podcast downloads really sucks.
I love all my Apple products and there is a lot of them, let's hope they fix those issues.

i totally agree. the old app was way better. i was searching the forum to see if the "get more episodes" button is hidden somewhere. but it sounds like it is gone.

has anybody gotten wireless sync to work for updating podcast?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I read that the app Downcast is good for podcast management, without iTunes. I've not used it, but it's $1.99, with good reviews.

mbarista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dezigner3 said:
i totally agree. the old app was way better. i was searching the forum to see if the "get more episodes" button is hidden somewhere. but it sounds like it is gone.

has anybody gotten wireless sync to work for updating podcast?

I haven't checked out that service yet but I will for sure. Thanks for the heads up!

Most reactions

Latest posts