What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody else wondering why they made the changes they did to the ipod app in ios5

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did that recently via iTunes that's why I'm mad. It took ages to check all the album cover art. I have 13000+ songs. You can imagine. The screen goes black apart from the play, fast forward and rewind buttons. They work but the playlists, songs, artists, albums etc... buttons freeze. The songs still play. I do a hard reset to get it to work. I was showing a colleague too! Bit embarrassing but I explained that this is a beta update and hopefully will be corrected. Slight exaggeration, I know.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! It did it again!!!! I give up! Rubbish update

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've downloaded sound hound. Not the same but fun and has access to lyrics

carl 11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone please share the name of a music app, apples or not that has a decent podcast feature?

I have had to re-set my pad, oh, 10 times in 2 weeks.

it appears that the commonality is, if I am in a podcast and don't stop the cast, and back out of it ( the app) all the way, if I just stop the cast and turn off the pad, when I turn the pad on again, it goes back to the music app and only half 'paints' the app. and is frozen.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it an iPad 1? I have to reset when the cover art is enlarged. I go back to the main screen and it is all black with just the controls showing. I use sound hound but it's free so maybe not what you want.
Did you look at Groove for iPad?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone please share the name of a music app, apples or not that has a decent podcast feature?

Downcast is two bucks, with good reviews. It's for podcasts. Someone else on the forum bought it after I mentioned it and said he/she liked it.

I've bought it, but haven't explored it much yet.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen mention of it, but I sure hope they do something to improve the Music App in iOS 5.0.1 when it's released in a few weeks.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rich, I'm annoyed, again! When I was on my laptop, the iPad asked me to restore my iPad. It wasn't connected, only wi-fi, so I thought maybe there was something it needed to do. I let it restore and now my new Twilight album has doubled the songs and won't play nice. It keeps skipping songs and then playing the song, 3 songs back. Yes, I know what you are going to say but really? Again? Do I really have to delete all of the songs again and then resynch. How many times do I have to do this? Don't answer that! I've had nothing but trouble with this app which I never had before. Grrr!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich, I'm annoyed, again! When I was on my laptop, the iPad asked me to restore my iPad. It wasn't connected, only wi-fi, so I thought maybe there was something it needed to do. I let it restore and now my new Twilight album has doubled the songs and won't play nice. It keeps skipping songs and then playing the song, 3 songs back. Yes, I know what you are going to say but really? Again? Do I really have to delete all of the songs again and then resynch. How many times do I have to do this? Don't answer that! I've had nothing but trouble with this app which I never had before. Grrr!

Yikes! That's a new one. I wonder why it asked you to restore? I've never seen that out of the blue. Might be it ran into some corrupt data I suppose. But how aggravating! :mad:

Yes, I guess I'd delete all of the music and then re-sync (again). Sigh

I don't know if I mentioned it here...too many threads on this...but I found that by splitting up my five fairly large Smart Playlists into nine the Music App began responding better.

The more I deal with this it seems like the Music App is indexing all of the songs every time it's opened and large playlists (over 1,000 or so) large album art, etc. can really slow it down. That may be a way to free up some system memory...by clearing the app's cache every time it's closed. It certainly takes longer to open and to respond than the old iPod App. Smarter folks than I would need to look under the hood (bonnet :) ) to figure that one out though.

Anyway, sorry to hear that and let us know how things go!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe that's why? When I get around to opening said stupid laptop, I will look into that suggestion. I dont remember that one but as you say, many threads, sigh!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've updated to IOS 5.01. Can anyone tell me if the music app has any changes? I can't see any?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've updated to IOS 5.01. Can anyone tell me if the music app has any changes? I can't see any?

Nothing on any news, blogs, etc. about the Music App yet. I'm still playing with it but I don't see anything different. It seems stable though...no idea if that's from iOS 5.0.1 or just how I have it configured.

I suspect Apple was primarily focused on the iPhone 4S battery issue and the Music App will be tweaked down the road.

Post if you see anything different!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately my album is still acting all weird. Can I delete it on the iPad and redownload do you think or will that make it worse. It seems you can delete songs! The songs are not correct and it keeps impinge everywhere. I'm loathe to connect to laptop due to all the problems I've had!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately my album is still acting all weird. Can I delete it on the iPad and redownload do you think or will that make it worse. It seems you can delete songs! The songs are not correct and it keeps impinge everywhere. I'm loathe to connect to laptop due to all the problems I've had!

Yes, if it's an album that you purchased from iTunes you can delete it and download it again. That's what I'd do.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh! Thanks rich. Oh by the way, it's not bricking the music app anymore when I go into the album cover art and enlarge it. It is working nicely now! Hmmm, do you think that's fixed it? It's not been synced to laptop. Oh and I can swipe the cover art to get to the next song. Is that a gestures thing or is that new?

Most reactions

Latest posts