What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other way to get flash

Robertheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am new to the forum and iPad. Does anyone know of any other ways currently available to get flash on the iPad, other than the cloud browse app, which has been removed.

Thanks

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used Skyfire last weekend watching Ustream flash videos, for many hours without any problems.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does skyfire only work for videos? meaning can you play games using it?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had very little success with sky fire. Over 90 pec of the visited sites were not supported by sky fire and in most cases the video does not open up fully to view. I do not know if I am missing a step to view the supported videos.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, didnt think it did but wanted to ask anyway.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the only viable method to get flash on the iPad is to setup a pc at home with splashtop, that's going to be my next project.

A mini pc with wake on LAN, that is hidden behind my tv, then using a WOL app, wake the pc and gain access that way. When done, switch off.

If your pc is connected all day then it's not a problem, certain people in my house are very "power off appliances" heavy so I need to wake up and switch off otherwise it will just get turned off lol

ike12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sucks

This really sucks. For the amount of Money you spend on an Ipad its just plain dumb that we cannot use Flash. I so badly want to read my bassmaster magazine online , but it uses "olive software" which is flash of course (like 99.999999% of the internet world) so of course i cannot.

I even wasted $5 on skyfire just to check. and nothing. This was a major oversight by steve jobs and he needs his head checked. or atleast allow adobe to SELL a dam app to enable it. why make it so its 100% not possible, it doesnt even make sense.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had very little success with sky fire. Over 90 pec of the visited sites were not supported by sky fire and in most cases the video does not open up fully to view. I do not know if I am missing a step to view the supported videos.

Do you use the video button on the lower left?this processes the video for viewing.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ike12 said:
This really sucks. For the amount of Money you spend on an Ipad its just plain dumb that we cannot use Flash. I so badly want to read my bassmaster magazine online , but it uses "olive software" which is flash of course (like 99.999999% of the internet world) so of course i cannot.

I even wasted $5 on skyfire just to check. and nothing. This was a major oversight by steve jobs and he needs his head checked. or atleast allow adobe to SELL a dam app to enable it. why make it so its 100% not possible, it doesnt even make sense.

Unfortunately it was not an oversight - he knew full well :)

It is a bust though.

Most reactions

Latest posts