What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any ideas why letters are rapidly repeating, after just 1 tap on the iPad screen? Thanks

Hotelmilan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently, my iPad seems to have a life if its own.
Not all the time, but sometimes, when I type a letter just the once, the letter repeats 5-10 times or more.
Wiping the screen with lint free cloth helps, but not for long.

Switching off and restarting does not help.
Has anybody got any tips for this please?
Thanks

OP
H

Hotelmilan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it plugged into power when it happens? In the past bad power grounds and/or chargers have been known to cause unusual behavior of the screen and touch.
Hi Thanks for that.

It happens when it’s not charging.
It’s usually worse at the end of the day.
A good wipe with lint free cloth helps for only a minute or so, then it’s back to repeating.

Looking on google, I’ve ‘disabled key flicks’ to see if that helped, but it didn’t help at all.

Thanks

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
>> Switching off and restarting does not help.

Did you do this as a soft reset?

You may need to type iPad Soft Reset into a search engine, together with your model of iPad to find the actual method for your iPad. Alternatively, ask here, and someone will be along with the correct method for your iPad model,

The Soft Reset is really useful and is almost always the first thing to do if your device is not working as you expect. For example: an app freezes; an app doesn't open as you expect; the iPad just doesn't 'feel' right....

Most reactions

Latest posts