What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any bought Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit ?

kbird197

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guys how's it going?
I just wanted ask has anyone got the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit?
If so did you get the genuine apple or did you get a different make, and also are they good as I'm thinking of getting my hubby to buy me one for Christmas.

Regards kerry

Sent from kerry'siPad using iPF

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kbird197 said:
I guys how's it going?
If so did you get the genuine apple or did you get a different make, and also are they good as I'm thinking of getting my hubby to buy me one for Christmas.

Regards kerry

Got mine from apple, have never had a problem up to now, always connects, find it a great add on to move pics and vids.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kbird197 said:
I guys how's it going?

Regards kerry

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

Yes I have the CCK, works very well!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It works great, so long as you don't expect more from it than intended. It can download pictures from cameras and SD cards, so long that the pictures are in a folder named "DCIM".

Do not expect the ability to:

a) move pictures FROM the iPad TO a card or camera
b) move any other file types to or from the iPad via CCK
c) delete pictures off the camera or card
d) read pictures from anything other than a camera or SD card (some have reported success reading from certain USB drives, but this is inconsistent with my experience)

If this is all you expect from a CCK, you should find that it works great.

srushj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@oberkc - your #2 ~ you CAN put movies on an SD card and use the CCK to transfer them to the ipad2. They end up in the photo app. And when you're done watching them just delete from the iPad. This way you can take LOTS of movies with you w/o taking up space in your ipad. Of course the movies have to be iPad compatible and they have to be put in a special folder on the SD card. I used Handbrake (free) to convert. And google the process and it'll tell you how to set up your SD card folders.

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
you CAN put movies on an SD card and use the CCK to transfer them to the ipad2

Thanks for the clarification. I think I knew that, but have never actually confirmed, personally.

OP
kbird197

kbird197

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for the feedback guys I'm defiantly gone go for the apple kit, can't wait cheers guys.

Kerry

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had the Apple since June 2010. I use it almost every day and with two camera systems, one with SD cards and one with CF cards so I use both adapters. Works perfectly.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts