What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Apple Expert here who can predict/speculate future product release !

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am very well aware that for a moment it is possible that a CIA Operation information or a Pentagon Mission information can be leaked but any information prior to Apple's any Product Release is virtually impossible :D But I am in a strange dilemma now nobody knows other than Apple exactly, but based on past trends anyone can safely say that there would be surely a iPad-3 which is lined up and in all probabilities will be released next year 2012 now based on past trend even if we consider March/April it is 3-4 months from now. So we are around that corner of the time where in buying iPad-2 doesn't make sense because we are very close to release of iPad-3 so someone might aswell wait and buy a upgraded version rather than buying a model which will soon become outdated.

Now my confusion is I don't know if I will like the new iPad-3 ? with all the Technical news coming out which says, Apple is not gonna use a LED Backlit display in the iPad-3 which according to me is Blasphemy (How can you have a gadget a device which is purely a visual experience thing, to not to have a LED backlit display) I was reading somewhere that Apple along with Sharp had developed some IGZO technology displays which would enable iPad-3 to have a higher resolution without having a dual led bar which was earlier said to be necessary if the resolution is doubled from the current one and which was turning out to be a nuisance for Apple as that would have also increased the weight of iPad-3. As I said earlier are they not gonna use any LED display or are they are simply impling that instead of using a dual LED they will have a led (single) Led display and the IGZO technology if they choose not to have a LED display atall not even a single LED (As in the current one ) would according to me be absolutely ridiculous !!

So what I am trying to know here if anyone here who considers himself a display/ gadget/device technician to understand these terms and gives his expert opinion that iPad-3, will it absolutely not have any LED display, or will it only just not have dual LED display, and should I wait for iPad-3 ? If I wait for iPad-3 and for instance and if I don't like it and then after the release of iPad-3 I feel that, iPad-2 was the only right one according to me. But by then Apple would have stop manufacturing iPad-2, then I will have lost on both the ends :(

How do I decide ? What do I do ?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

The short answer os no one and I mean no one will know until Apple announces the new iPad with time and date set by Apple. One can speculate read rumors listen to others but at the end of the day they are all rumors. So take a big breath either buy now or wait. Your call

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As col.bris says, it's all speculation. Anyone sane who knows for sure is unlikely to hop onto a forum to announce details. And if someone did claim to know, how would you verify?

If you have angst about it, probably best to wait and see. If you wait and don't like iPad 3 when it's unveiled, all you have to do is buy iPad 2, which will still be on sale even after 3 specs are announced. There's always a lag between announcement and delivery, and there will be remaining iPad 2 stock to clear out, probably at discount prices. So there's no dilemma about your not liking 3; you'll still be able to buy a 2.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As col.bris says, it's all speculation. Anyone sane who knows for sure is unlikely to hop onto a forum to announce details. And if someone did claim to know, how would you verify?

If you have angst about it, probably best to wait and see. If you wait and don't like iPad 3 when it's unveiled, all you have to do is buy iPad 2, which will still be on sale even after 3 specs are announced. There's always a lag between announcement and delivery, and there will be remaining iPad 2 stock to clear out, probably at discount prices. So there's no dilemma about your not liking 3; you'll still be able to buy a 2.

So you are suggesting that even after iPad-3 is announced iPad-2 old stock will still be available, but just announcing the new iPad will still not help me, because by the time it reaches a common man like me, by the time I get to see it, experience it, it would be another couple of months atleast one month, So by the time I get to differentiate between the two and reach a decision, what are the chances by then the old/remaining stock of iPad-2 would have not got exhausted. And I certainly don't wanna buy a second Hand/ Used/ Refurbished iPad-2.

And my core question still remains unanswered, and no one is still taking a guess :rolleyes: on it, which is, if they will completely get away with the LED Backlit Display in the iPad-3, which is what I am more concerned about !! I just can't imagine a iPad without a LED backlit display !! :)

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your question will be answered when they announce, and there will be reviews before release of iPad 3 to the public. You're saying you won't get hands on in time, but how will someone guessing now be better than once specs are announced, when iPad 2 will still be available and reviews of 3 will be out?

If you enjoy speculating, that's one thing. Many people do. But your reasoning doesn't hold.

By the way iPad 1s were still available when iPad 2s were being delivered. iPads 1s were available for months after iPad 2s started selling. If you order iPad 3 at debut, you could buy iPad 2, too. Then you could try both head to head, and return one.

Last edited:
OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By the way iPad 1s were still available when iPad 2s were being delivered. iPads 1s were available for months after iPad 2s started selling. If you order iPad 3 at debut, you could buy iPad 2, too. Then you could try both head to head, and return one.

Hmmm....That sounds a better idea !

Most reactions