What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone explain and offer advice on the annoying habit my iPad has suddenly developed.

I can be reading a post, or any other kind of thing and suddenly the screen will go back the springboard, very annoying.

Regards Bob.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That means the iPad is running out of RAM. It typically results in the current app being exited immediately.

It is not necessarily anything to do with jailbreaking, but if you have added tweaks recently it could be a sign that you are using too much previous RAM. Like any computer, the more you are running concurrently, the less RAM is available for other things.

Get into the habit of closing out your apps from the multitasking bar on a regular basis, to free up as much RAM as possible.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With that said, several core tweaks and jailbreak components have had updates recently, related to IOS6 no doubt. I am seeing some instability which I have not been able to track down yet on my iPad3 which wasn't there a couple of weeks ago... Maybe there is a bug or memory leak in something fundamental... I'll see if I can get any more clarity on what it may be.

OP
robert1305

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
With that said, several core tweaks and jailbreak components have had updates recently, related to IOS6 no doubt. I am seeing some instability which I have not been able to track down yet on my iPad3 which wasn't there a couple of weeks ago... Maybe there is a bug or memory leak in something fundamental... I'll see if I can get any more clarity on what it may be.

Thanks for the answer, I had another problem, every time I tried to access my photos the iPad restrung into the safe mode, everything worked fine in safe mode so it was just a matter of deleting the extensions one at a time until I found which ext was causing the problem, I have no idea why but it was my firewall that was causing problems when I got rid of that all the probs were resolved.

Thanks again regards Bob

Most reactions