What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying app store message... You cannot update this software......

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I have an IPAD2 which is jailbroken on 6.1 and in the app store i am finding even apps which are free and downloaded via the app store. If there is an update and i try to update them i receive a message " you cannot update this software since you have not owned the major version of the software". This is happening for free applications so it doesnt make sense.

To address it i have to uninstall the app, and reinstall it via app store again.

Does anyone know why i am receiving this message? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jeppo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this message a few times. The most common reason seems to be when I get the app from one store (ie. US store) and then try to update while logged into a different store (ie. Singapore where I live).

The other time it seems to happen is when the app goes free for a while and then after the update goes back to being paid and I have to pay for it if I want the update.

madisono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I have an IPAD2 which is jailbroken on 6.1 and in the app store i am finding even apps which are free and downloaded via the app store. If there is an update and i try to update them i receive a message " you cannot update this software since you have not owned the major version of the software". This is happening for free applications so it doesnt make sense.

To address it i have to uninstall the app, and reinstall it via app store again.

Does anyone know why i am receiving this message? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sorry for ignorance, but what does "jailbroken" mean. is this something i need to do to my iPad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts