What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store Updates ~ "Cannot connect to iTunes"

cusechamps2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since jailbreaking my ipad 2 I have had all sorts of issues with iTunes. I continue to have updates pop up on my App store app however any time I try to update them I get an error message stating "cannot connect to iTunes store." Whats funny however is I have no issues downloading and installing new apps from the App Store and they work great.

Any suggestions or info on this problem?

OP
C

cusechamps2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on this error? Are there any settings I should be looking in to.

I have SBSettings installed, PDF Patcher, iFile, and thats pretty much it just some basics and not sure why I wouldn't be able to update in the App store?

I also am having trouble syncing any music or books to iTunes as well after JB. On another Mac forum it was suggested to down grade iTunes to a version previous to the latest, would that help? And if so how would you go about doing so?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may ask a couple of questions, to get it straight in my mind:

Are the update issues occurring when you run updates on your iPad or when you run them via iTunes?

Have you tried completely closing the App Store app (via the multitasking bar) and then re-booting the iPad?

What happens when/if, in iTunes, you update an app you've been having trouble with and then try to sync it back over to the iPad (either by dragging it over or by pressing the sync/apply button)?

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts