What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

animated icons on ipad 2 like droid OS

amoses113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just picked up my new ipad 2 yesterday and have a quick question.

i really like how i am able to put functional icons on my droid's desktop - for example, a mini facebook screen that shows updates; a mini weather channel screen that has summarized weather info; a ticker with news headlines...all things that are constantly updating themselves. that's why i love my droid so much over the iphone...because i can resize the icons.. if i want to keep them as small normal icons, i can. but if i want to resize them and have them display data, i can also do that.

i know the ipad is unable to do this out of the box, but is there any app or modification i can do to enable it to get this feature? i feel like it's one huge thing that the android OS really does have over apple OS.

thoughts?

OP
A

amoses113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what kind of updates can i get in my lock screen or on the notification pull down? i know there are numerous threads on why i should jailbreak, but i'm still trying to figure it out. pretty sure im going to go and do it though.

Most reactions

Latest posts