What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2: Issues with GIF animations and other stuff

OP
Precious Little

Precious Little

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jangle.forumatic.com
Hi.

I did it using a Windows desktop PC.

So for some reason this iPad, and sounds like yours too, does not save animations as it should and they come out as stills.

However, my problem is odd because for the first week or so my iPad2 saved and posted animated GIFS no problem so only recently it has started misbehaving.

My theory is that there is a missing flash plug in somewhere along the line that has become uninstalled and so anyone reading this, if they have any advice on this, please tell us!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you using to browse this forum? When I view your avatar in the "regular" Tapatalk app view, the GIF is not animated because I have turned off that feature.

However, when I view your avatar in Tapatalk's web view, your GIF avatar is active - blinking away with her eyes. :)

So, I'm going to assume you are viewing this forum with the IPF app (or have turned off avatar animations in the app settings - it's off by default in the Tapatalk app). Therefore, may I suggest you check the viewing part of your app settings? Maybe that'll help...

Marilyn

agracie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Animated gifs on a discussion forum...

I can use my PC to to post animated gifs on a discussion forum, but my iPad 3 does not post an animated gif. The animated gif is posted as a still picture.

I am able to successfully send animated gifs in email.

As for a missing flash plug, I thought the iPad was not compatible with flash.

Please, let's work on this together. I really want to find a solution. :ipad-front:

OP
Precious Little

Precious Little

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jangle.forumatic.com
As for a missing flash plug, I thought the iPad was not compatible with flash.

Please, let's work on this together. I really want to find a solution. :ipad-front:

Well it must be because as I said, it worked fine for the first week or so, then it STOPPED working.

I would like a solution to it too.

I know Apple does not take Adobe etc so finding a replacement plugin is hard.

If that is why it is not working.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got finished looking at the forum in Safari - and the GIF avatars are working.

So, maybe check your forum settings? Because I can't replicate the problem of not seeing them.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts