What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ang sinong nagaganyak tungkol sa bagong iPad?

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my iPad2 32gb wifi only in the US last year. To say, I'm done with 3G on iPad1 as it turned out to be a waste of money for me. I wasn't able to maximize the use of 3G since we have lots of free wifi hotspots here in the Pinas and wifi routers at home. Instead, got myself a Huawei mifi internet router which my family can use at the same time or almost anywhere in the country. iPad3, hmmm, not that urgent. I'll wait. Oh yeah, got the Seagate GoFlex 500gb wifi hard drive. To sum this up, its like having a custom made 532gb wifi iPad2. That's super TIPID!

Hi Quake--

Welcome to the Philippine Regional Forum!

Nice to hear from you and your thoughts about the 3G on your iPad 1. I would have just assumed that the 3G would be more in favor to buy versus the wifi brand only, because of limited wifi hotspots in the PI--but it doesn't sound like if from what you are saying.

Regarding the Huawei MiFi device you have and use-is that pay as you go to use? Or do you pay a monthly fee for its use? I am looking into buying my parents one for when they travel back and forth to the PI and am curious about it's cost etc.

Thanks--

Skimonkey!

wilgie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi Wilgie--Welcome to the Philippine Regional Forum!

No, as mentioned from my post--the launch date for the Philippine has not yet been released. I am not sure when, but some countries have already established released dates as you mentioned.

Are you looking to buy one? What one are you looking on getting?

Looking forward to have a white 16 gig wifi... Im really excited and frustrated... Philippines is one of the last who receive the creations of apple.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know- I am sure the wait is hard. Hopefully soon for all you!!

Yes-I have a white iPad as well...32 gb wifi! Love it!

butchjerez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kabibili ko last week new ipad 32gb wifi 4g lte. bili ko sim card around 1.2 thou. hindi ko inaktibeyt. bili rin ako ng appstore card 4.4 thou kaya 14 gb na lang ang free space ko. oks pa rin ang ipad2 pero wag mong itabi sa new ipad kasi masisira lang ang araw mo. parehong pareho lang naman sila. pag naka off. hehehe.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... Good for u... Where did u buy urs?

Hi Wilgie--

Well, since I live in the USA-I bought it in my hometown! I guess that we are lucky that way when it comes to immediate availability of the Apple Products when released.

I have the ipad 2, so didn't feel that purchasing the newest one would be necessary for me. At the earliest--I will look at the one for next year.

I am also hoping that a smaller version, such as a 7 inch ipad will be released later this year. That would be very handy for me! :)

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kabibili ko last week new ipad 32gb wifi 4g lte. bili ko sim card around 1.2 thou. hindi ko inaktibeyt. bili rin ako ng appstore card 4.4 thou kaya 14 gb na lang ang free space ko. oks pa rin ang ipad2 pero wag mong itabi sa new ipad kasi masisira lang ang araw mo. parehong pareho lang naman sila. pag naka off. hehehe.

Mga rin Malugod na pagbati sa iyong bagong iPad. Aking mga magulang Sinabi sa akin kung paano mamahaling mga bagay na mananatili sa Pilipinas. Saan mo bumili ng iyong bagong iPad-dito sa sa States?

wilgie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm tagal namn sa pinas... Makapagpabili na lang kaya sa singapore

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi Quake--

Welcome to the Philippine Regional Forum!

Nice to hear from you and your thoughts about the 3G on your iPad 1. I would have just assumed that the 3G would be more in favor to buy versus the wifi brand only, because of limited wifi hotspots in the PI--but it doesn't sound like if from what you are saying.

Regarding the Huawei MiFi device you have and use-is that pay as you go to use? Or do you pay a monthly fee for its use? I am looking into buying my parents one for when they travel back and forth to the PI and am curious about it's cost etc.

Thanks--

Skimonkey!

I got my MiFi for P4,000 (more or less $94). Regarding the usage, I go for the prepaid. As I mentioned before, I only use the MiFi when there's no wifi available. The prepaid values are: P50 ($1.17) unlimited use for 1 day, P100 ($2.35) for 2 days, P200 ($4.70). The $ value conversions I gave is more or less. I don't have any idea with the other value as this are the only prepaid I've used so far. Barely that I use the P200 denomination.
There are other more expensive Huawei MiFi routers. But for practicality purpose, I chose the P4,000.
Again, I chose MiFi over iPad with 3G because 5 users can use the router at the same time.
For other inquiries, you can check Smart or Globe for their SIM broadband services.
I hope my reply helps.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks quake-I am familiar with mifi devices here in the states, since I own one myself. I was just curious to know rather it held the same concept in the PI-thank you very much for your detailed response. It did help me clarify my questions!

Regards!

Carol

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Thanks quake-I am familiar with mifi devices here in the states, since I own one myself. I was just curious to know rather it held the same concept in the PI-thank you very much for your detailed response. It did help me clarify my questions!

Regards!

Carol

In addition, there are still dead spots here in the PI and mostly those area that are from the city or places that doesn't have 3G at all. Better check with the providers if they offer 3G on certain locations.
Out of topic, I saw a MiFi router at Wallmart last December in the US. Question, does that MiFi needs a SIM to operate? Is it locked to work only in the US? I forgot to ask and check the product.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one I bought from Walmart is a virgin mobile mifi that connects to 5 devices. No sim card-it runs with either the verizon or the AT&T carrier depending on which unit you get. Works great for me-also works in the car.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
The one I bought from Walmart is a virgin mobile mifi that connects to 5 devices. No sim card-it runs with either the verizon or the AT&T carrier depending on which unit you get. Works great for me-also works in the car.

I knew it! That wouldn't work here. A SIM card from providers here in the PI is needed for the MiFi to work. Same, 5 devices as well. Thanks Carol.

Most reactions