What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An intro. For Steep

Steep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The name Steep is a nickname that goes way back to my school days.
To read more about me go to my website that will be given three posts down :)

OP
S

Steep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That site was created some time ago on a Windows PC. My main reason for coming here is to find out if there is any iPad software that will let me access and edit that site. Not only that if there is such software I would be grateful if anyone could give me precise information on how to use it. :)

OP
S

Steep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now made the pre requisite 3 posts so should now be able to give you the URL for me website ...

[Moderator edit: Removed personal web site.]

You can now go back to post one and start again :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Please don't post your personal or business website. That's a special accommodation given only to supporting (read: paying) vendors. It's a violation of this forum a rules to post personal sites and blogs.

If you need assistance with your site, we'll be glad to help - but please keep the question generic. Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
S

Steep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Nuff said. I am generally law abiding. Never before have I been restricted to posting my Website.
Sorry for breaking the rules.
Basically I am an 85 year old law abiding citizen who took to computing as a hobby when I volunteered for early retirement.
Having started with an old Acorn BBC computern and played around with Windows the iPad is my latest venture.

My quest in joining these forums was to find if it is possible to access and maintain my website via an iPad.
This would have been much easier if my Web site was available. It was / is hand coded as part of my learning curve and is in need of an update.
Perhaps I have said enough for someone to take me by the hand.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steep--welcome.

I am going to move this thread go to the Help section.

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator.

OP
S

Steep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's all very well Skimonkey but be now have several topics on one thread. :)

Accessing and editing my web site ( nothing more than an hobbiest learning curve ) was my purpose in registering here.
The subject heading now has no connection to that purpose, can the heading be changed to that of the thread you have removed ?
Sorry to be a rule breaking newbie, but where do I find the rules and is there a search facility that I am missing ?

OP
S

Steep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Virgin Media that would have shown up in the URL if you hadn't removed it.
The procedure for accessing their webspace as suggested by them is as follows.

Settings for customers who have previously used Webspace
If you have been a customer for a while and have previously set up your Webspace on our ntlworld service, please use the following FTP and Web settings.
To connect to our server (computer) in order to transfer files, enter these settings in your FTP program.

FTP upload server'
upload.ntlworld.com
FTP port
FTP username
Your main account username
FTP password
Your main account password

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's all very well Skimonkey but be now have several topics on one thread. :)

Accessing and editing my web site ( nothing more than an hobbiest learning curve ) was my purpose in registering here.
The subject heading now has no connection to that purpose, can the heading be changed to that of the thread you have removed ?
Sorry to be a rule breaking newbie, but where do I find the rules and is there a search facility that I am missing ?

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions

Latest posts