What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People Magazine App

kailess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using the People Magazine app? I bought an issue last week on it. There are some nice features, but definitely some features they are missing.

Is there a way to get back to some sort of home page? I'm wondering if my app is hinky or it's just built that way. The furthest back I can go is the cover of the issue I purchased.

On my app there is no main page to buy future issues from or a sliding feature (like Zinio app) to browse the pages quickly.

I'd like to hear about others user's experiences. All in all it's a fun app but has room for improvement.

And, btw, I think $3.99 per issue is a little steep for a digital copy, but, oh well.

Last edited:

fantom557

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am using it now. very slow download but so far so good no issues yet.

OP
K

kailess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: I just re-installed the app and now it has the features I was looking for. Must have been a problematic install.

If you slide your finger along the bottom a ribbon pops up that has the home button, library, shop, content slider, etc.

It look exactly like a hard copy of the magazine with extra content and video. In the movie reviews sections it has links to movie trailers and on the album reviews in will play snippets of the album and (of course) link it to the iTunes store for purchase. As well within stories it sometimes has windows for extra pics and/or links to videos, photo shoots, etc. Pretty cool, really.

Now, if they'd just knock a buck off the price I'd be totally happy with the app!

GabyRM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an issue (yes, 3.99 is a bit steep!) but cannot download it. I keep getting a download error. I removed and reinstalled the People app and got past the download part, but when I try to install I get an unknown error. Help!!

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a hint to cheaper price
Subscribe to the paper mag for what ever it is a year then you can down load weekly issues for free

TheZulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded issue is partially illegible (fuzzy)

I posted this elsewhere on the site and should have posted it here.

My question relates to downloading issues of people magazine (the one in question is the most recent one, dated 7 August 2011 or thereabouts). I downloaded this issue and although the first several pages and last several pages are readable, the rest are fuzzy, i.e. there but unreadable as if the issue hadn't downloaded completely? Thanks and regards, Alexander

Most reactions