What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An app to turn one iPad into several iPod touches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
stormrage.bol.ucla.edu
I have made an iPad app called "Side by Side" and would like to recommend it.

The idea is very simple: just cut the iPad screen into 4 parts. In each part you can browse webs, take notes, download and read files.

I like it because in many cases you just need the iPhone size screen, for examples, browsing news headlines, checking facebook or email updates, writing a short paragraph. With this app you can do several things at the same time, without switching back and forth.

There are some other things you can do with it, like reading two documents side by side and compare, or opening two web-based games (the startup page provides the links to several interesting games) and playing with your friends.

This one also supports file downloading and some more cool features.

Is anyone interested?
App Store Link

side-by-side.png

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like a great concept! Is there a lite version available to give it a try?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what is the best site for these promo codes?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what is the best site for these promo codes?

It's posted in a separate thread.
With all due respect, what kind of answer is that? All I wanted to know was where to find the promo code for this app and you basically told me, "I know where it is, but I'm not going to tell you. Go find it for yourself!"

So, for the other people looking for the promo code for this app, here is the link -- http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-app-announcements/9641-side-side-version-1-2-release-promo-codes.html

And to redeem one of those codes, open iTunes, go to the iTunes Store and log in. Scroll to to the bottom of the page and select Redeem under Manage.

itunes15.jpg

This will open a new box where you can paste in the promo code and the app will automatically download. Sync your iPad and you're in business! You can also redeem the promo code directly on your iPad by copying one of the promo codes then opening up the iTunes Store and scrolling to the bottom of the screen and tapping on Redeem where a box will pop up where you paste in the code.

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice idea. 4/5 I thought it was literally going to turn it into 4 ipod touches, guess I should've read! Nonetheless it was only $0.99 and it was definitely well spent.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the App Store at the bottom of a page you can some times see three buttons. One is your account, the second, Redeem, and the third, support.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that once all promo codes are used, there is no longer a button. But I could be way off on that too. I know that I've never been lucky enough to use one :)

Most reactions