What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split Screen/Side by Side

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an app that allows you to view two things at once while editing one of them?

I've seen the 'side by side' app which allows various combinations of the split screen like a document and a pdf or web page and a IM app, but it does not allow for the viewing of one thing and the editing of another. ie viewing a pdf while writing/editing a document.

Does anyone know of anything out there that allows a split screen view of a pdf and pages AND allows editing of the pages doc?

Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
Is there an app that allows you to view two things at once while editing one of them?

I've seen the 'side by side' app which allows various combinations of the split screen like a document and a pdf or web page and a IM app, but it does not allow for the viewing of one thing and the editing of another. ie viewing a pdf while writing/editing a document.

Does anyone know of anything out there that allows a split screen view of a pdf and pages AND allows editing of the pages doc?

There is no iOS wide split screen. So you cannot have two different apps side-by-side.

If you want that, you will have to rely on a web based document editor, as the PDF and document have to be opened in the same app.

You can open a PDF in one screen and use Google Docs in the other screen.

Btw. Skipper is also a splitscreenbrowser, but is free.

Most reactions