What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Launches New iPad-Compatible Kindle Unlimited Service

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
1673-1405806372-a007ddc575703d48324b5d696bb316bb.jpg

If you’re a regular reader of ebooks on your iPad, then you’ll be interested to hear that Amazon has just launched a new subscription service for those who read several ebooks a month.

The new service is called Kindle Unlimited, reports AppleInsider, and gives the subscriber access to more than 600,000 books, including the likes of the Harry Potter and Hunger Games series. More than 2,000 audiobooks are also available as part of the deal.

Subscribers to the service will be able to read as many of the books as they like for $9.99 per month on any compatible device, including the iPad.

"With Kindle Unlimited, you won't have to think twice before you try a new author or genre — you can just start reading and listening," said Russ Grandinetti, senior vice president of Kindle. "In addition to offering over 600,000 eBooks, Kindle Unlimited is also by far the most cost-effective way to enjoy audiobooks and eBooks together. With thousands of Whispersync for Voice-enabled audiobooks to choose from, you can easily switch between reading and listening to a book, allowing the story to continue even when your eyes are busy. We hope you take advantage of the 30-day free trial and try it for yourself."

The service is available on a 30-day free trial, and also includes a free three-month Audible membership.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...-unlimited-a-10mo-all-you-can-read-ebook-plan

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is very tempting, but I wish I had more time to read as much as I used to. I would love to have a subscription, but am afraid that it would go to waste. Also...anyone know the difference between this and amazon prime? I don't have that either, but have considered that for purchases/2-day delivery.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is very tempting, but I wish I had more time to read as much as I used to. I would love to have a subscription, but am afraid that it would go to waste. Also...anyone know the difference between this and amazon prime? I don't have that either, but have considered that for purchases/2-day delivery.

With Amazon Prime, you can "borrow" one book a month. Then, you have to return the book before you can get another.

With this new program, you can borrow/download a number of books (no time limit). I've read you can have up to 100 books at a time.

But, I'm like you. I've no time to read more books (my "to be read" pile is already huge!). Adding $9.99 to my monthly bills will be overkill.

Plus, as was said, ain't nothin' wrong with the library! :)

Marilyn

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, hard enough to read as it is. Everytime I set tile into read something seems to come up. Or, I start a good books and then take weeks to get back to it, forgetting some of the details. I'll stick with my paperbacks that I find used for a few bucks a piece. Or, use my kindle when I can.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My public library on line is free. Why pay amazon for the same service.?

Bobbi

I do love the convenience of Overdrive and being able to see what is available online at my library. It's still a great deal of fun when I finally get my email notification that my book is ready. Oh the simple things in life...love that it still excites me! :)

With Amazon Prime, you can "borrow" one book a month. Then, you have to return the book before you can get another.

With this new program, you can borrow/download a number of books (no time limit). I've read you can have up to 100 books at a time.

But, I'm like you. I've no time to read more books (my "to be read" pile is already huge!). Adding $9.99 to my monthly bills will be overkill.

Plus, as was said, ain't nothin' wrong with the library! :)

Marilyn

Oh I see, you can only "borrow" one book/month. That's different than this kindle unlimited. Well, until I have consistent time to read, I will stick to what I am doing now. Books either obtained from the library or from Amazon. I also check their free books. Sometimes there are some goodies in there every once in a while!

Thanks Marilyn for the clarification! :)

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just read that the major publishers are not part of this . So, for example, books by simon and shuster are not included.

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Amazon Prime, as we purchase items that we need, compare cost and get free two day shipping. Their return policy is flawless, I never had a problem. Additionally, a lot of free movies my wife enjoys. I was grandfather in with the lower rate. We share our book purchases on our Kindle, desktop, and IPad. I do not download to S5 Galaxy. Just cannot read on cell or find the need to do so.

I would rate five stars at current rate. If they increase cost, I may reconsider need.

Most reactions

Latest posts