What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cover seems to work fine, but I'm careful to never use the folded position as a "handle". Question: do you remove the cover completely when using the camera, not just fold it back? I have yet to take a photo.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziggs said:
My cover seems to work fine, but I'm careful to never use the folded position as a "handle". Question: do you remove the cover completely when using the camera, not just fold it back? I have yet to take a photo.

I do both but it is prone to fall off and not only could it fall off leaving one looking like a fool for spending 60 + bucks but beware that because of the smart cover the chances of your iPad been the thing to fall also is likely to happen , I'm sure you noticed by now, I caught mine last week literally 1 foot from the sidewalk while shooting a video and I had already let go of the dumb smrtcover to capture the video

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just recently started using the video camera in the iPad2. I hesitated for a while because for still capture the camera is terrible. But 720p HD is only about 1.6 megapixels per frame, and the iPad camera has the same specs as the Flip HD cameras, same fixed focus lens, auto-everything, but more storage for video.

I fold the smart cover in half and fold it behind for shooting. It allows me to stabilize my shots, and allows my fingers to rest on the edge of the fold to support weight and as a guide for keeping my fingers off the lens below.

If you have a properly made smart cover like the one I have, the magnets hold very tightly. I can't push the cover folded like this away from the iPad even using force. If yours come off easily Apple will exchange it as many times as necessary to get a good one.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm told they are all the same, according to several Apple people in Europe where I am for a bit.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm told they are all the same, according to several Apple people in Europe where I am for a bit.

This thread is proof that the Apple people in Europe are either unaware or less than truthful.

How else can we explain some covers holding the iPad's weight on a refrigerator, and other people saying their cases fall off just from their own weight.

The only way this can be true is if the covers are not all the same, or maybe all iPads are not the same. Who knows.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to see what's going on, for example they pay the exact same amount but in euros, i had replaced a French keyboard from a MacBook pro I picked up in Paris and the tech told me it was a refurbished computer, later I found out the vendor was who stocked them but they where claiming Apple shipped them yet nothing was or ever is done for the customers, instead the EU demands fines from Apple,

Later I met someone from the EU commission and he told me many companies rather pay the fines, and even after google. Paid fines for spying on Europeans France is now been sued by them because France wants users data accessible by military, police and even public sectors, Hitler never even thought of that.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen cover is simply OK. I use it but am not the biggest. Hopefully not too long before 3rd parties start a mass on-slaught with innovation and design.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that is a silly way to hang the iPad. If it falls you will get a nasty dent in the metal work. Use a gel skin on the back...then very simply some blu-tak. Evens works in the car given the lightness of the iPad 2.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How else can we explain some covers holding the iPad's weight on a refrigerator, and other people saying their cases fall off just from their own weight.
I tried this and it would not even come close to holding it up. I live in Canada.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
I tried this and it would not even come close to holding it up. I live in Canada.

Apple just replaced my smartcover and honestly, it's a little better.

What surprised me is that apple charged me for a second one, nothing taken from the bank account as of yet or maybe soon, but I got 3 emails with the details and instructions on what to do about returning the old one when UPS returns, it actually all took 24 hours to get the replacement.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I live in Canada (not sure how relevant to the thread that info is) and My smartcover can easily hold the iPad2's weight.

That being said, I still don't like it and will purchase something that will replicate my iPad1's Apple OEM cover/stand.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefx said:
I live in Canada (not sure how relevant to the thread that info is) and My smartcover can easily hold the iPad2's weight.

That being said, I still don't like it and will purchase something that will replicate my iPad1's Apple OEM cover/stand.

Because one person said they think apple was skimping on magnets in the UK or something because one guy said his smart cover will hold his iPad 2 to the fridge. I said I'm in Canada and my smart cover won't either.

64GB 3G White iPad

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got out my smartcover again to prepare to return it. I tried it one more time and suddenly it was staying on. I don't know what I was doing wrong before, but now I love my smartcover. If you're having trouble, make sure it's not user error. :)

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
Because one person said they think apple was skimping on magnets in the UK or something because one guy said his smart cover will hold his iPad 2 to the fridge. I said I'm in Canada and my smart cover won't either.

64GB 3G White iPad

Hold the IPad to the refrigerator....... REALLY?

Most reactions

Latest posts