What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
That is what someone said in this topic.

64GB 3G White iPad

I tried it and it worked, however it can fall down as soon as you shake it

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

bronzevernis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my new smart cover in pink. I originally ordered it in orange but that one still hasn't arrived despite my iPad 2 arriving 3 days ago. I went in store and bought the pink one yesterday. Mine doesn't fall off, and if you're concerned about protecting the back, just fold it over like a page and tuck it behind the iPad. I did however buy a zipped gel case to slip the whole iPad and cover into when I want to carry it in my handbag to prevent keys etc scratching the back. Like some other posters, my view is that after spending £479 on my new iPad 2 I don't think an extra £35 to protect it is unreasonable. And it's a beautiful cover too! The magnets work well on mine, no problems with falling of.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haus Of Albert said:
the Smart Cover does not protect the back of the iPad, leaves 3 vertical marks on the iPad screen, and the case actually becomes very dirty and can be hard to clean.
I've had the gray poly smart cover since getting my iPad 2 on launch day. I've had no issues with vertical marks at all, but I generally try and keep the screen clean. As far as the cover getting dirty, if your hands are dirty, then anything you touch will get dirty. The cover doesn't have any kind of dirt repellant! But I've had no issues with my cover getting dirty either.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the pastel colours will get dirty fast. Especially if you have children.
I returned mine for the hinge but that as on my mind also.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though Apple replaced my smartcova and it's more durable I still want a different cover, I really liked my iPad 1 cover, protects it, never collapses, has Velcro on the back so u can hang it on walls, dashboard of your car or back seat, where ever you can place the velcro base., and you can also wear it with a string, makes nice purse too if your into that

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though Apple replaced my smartcova and it's more durable I still want a different cover, I really liked my iPad 1 cover, protects it, never collapses, has Velcro on the back so u can hang it on walls, dashboard of your car or back seat, where ever you can place the velcro base., and you can also wear it with a string, makes nice purse too if your into that

Say what? You must have gotten a special version.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NAYo2002 said:

Nope I didn't, infact I just was about to post that the new replacement cover is now behaving exactly like the first one, fails to stay on the iPad when i turn it upside down, apple says I can have the money back but they have nothing else to offer which s u x

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NAYo2002 said:

Nope I didn't, infact I just was about to post that the new replacement cover is now behaving exactly like the first one, fails to stay on the iPad when i turn it upside down, apple says I can have the money back but they have nothing else to offer which s u x

I was refering to how you said your iPad 1 Apple cover had velcro and the ability to wear it with a string. That's def not the case I got.

Z0mKi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad 2 and a grey smart cover on release day. I was intent on keeping the iPad "naked" as the design is stunning. The smart cover proved handy but has a few flaws. The microfiber attracts so much dirt and oil and as a stand, the microfiber must be exposed. The back sustained a few scratches but that was to be expected. Unfortunately a few days ago the precious iPad 2 fell from the arm of a couch onto tile floor and cracked the corner. The Apple Store replaced it as a one time courtesy and needless to say, my second iPad 2 is now in full body armor by Targus. Never again will I put myself through that again.

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black leather smart cover, I love the protection of the screen but like seeing the back cover. It also works great on a table when typing.

TSL88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loved it at first but it gets dirty real fast...I heard Enki came out with a case today that works well with the smart cover.

PhotoJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you who are dissatisfied with the Smart Cover, I had researched covers after buying my iPad2 and was really attracted to the Piel Frama tan simulated ostrich skin cover. At the time, it had not yet come out for release, and I had to back order. Anyway, after about 6 weeks it finally arrived. I absolutely love it. It protects, looks incredible, and has magnets that turn the iPad2 off/on. It is the most expensive of the Piel Fram covers, with the colored leathers and plain leathers being slightly cheaper. Also bought a used iPad for my wife and hers came with a Dodo case made of bamboo which looks like an expensive bound book. They have new covers for the iPad2 also and she is very happy with hers. I have heard some people complain that some Dodo cases don't hold the iPad that tightly. The case has four little rubber corners which must be properly in place. If they are properly in place, it holds well. If one of them gets moved, it need to be reapplied. If I was buying a new Dodo case, I think I would ask for an extra set of these corners.

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the new cover with my iPad but hardly used it.
I wrapped my lovely new toy with Bestskinsever then bought a cygnet folding case, I love it, together they give me the protection I think the iPad deserves.

Most reactions