What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vocali05 said:
No... Its just a piece of plastic with a few magnets... Cant wait to blow my $40 on somthin hardly worth $5

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

True, it is a piece of cheap material with some magnets. But sometimes it's not really what the materials are that make it worth something. I don't think I could go by a couple of magnets and some polyurethane and produce a functional cover for my iPad 2.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way I look at it I spent 32 on active duty , I don't worry about little things anymore.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way I look at it I spent 32 on active duty , I don't worry about little things anymore.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

...and Roger! Good Copy....

My Bodyguardz should get to my Mom's house sometime today.
After that, just waiting on my iPad to ship

incognito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Juss picked up a belkin pleat sleeve at frys for $15 with a $15 mail in rebate! The added protection for free seemed like a good deal,

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
incognito said:
Juss picked up a belkin pleat sleeve at frys for $15 with a $15 mail in rebate! The added protection for free seemed like a good deal,

There ya go! I found a similar small netbook case, which also has a neoprene pocket on the outside (great for the portable folding keyboard!) on sale for $5 and it came with a $5 rebate (at Fry's-GOD, I love that store!). Fits my iPad with a little bit of room to spare in all dimensions. This means I can put on pretty much most any kind of casing around the iPad and still be able to store it in this carrying case, which is cool.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifet1me said:
I diddnt read the whole post, but aint it a bad idea to use magnets for the whole device?

I mean, as far as i know magnetic fields are like poison for any computer...

Magnets mainly just screw up hard drives and old CRT monitors/tvs I think. So it shouldn't be an issue with the iPad.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifet1me said:
I diddnt read the whole post, but aint it a bad idea to use magnets for the whole device?

I mean, as far as i know magnetic fields are like poison for any computer...

Magnets mainly just screw up hard drives and old CRT monitors/tvs I think. So it shouldn't be an issue with the iPad.

To add to this...

I am pretty sure Apple knows what it is doing...and from what I understand Flash memory is not jacked up my magnets. But mostly, I trust Apple to not make an accessory that will kill the product.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a slightly different note, do you think Apple will have any other cases for sale at the launch besides the smart cover? I am very impatient about such things LOL, and like to have something right away. I didn't use my Kindle for over a week after I got it, until I could get a cover and skin delivered.

A recent Rumor from iLaunch suggests Apple Stores will be removing all films and third party add-ons from their Stores ... No comment on this from Apple... just a rumor.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
Well the magnets may not be strong enough to work through it if it's a skin that covers the back or side (but that's probably not an issue) or the skin could stick out and make the magnet edge of the case not snap flat on the side of the iPad 2 (though I'd think you could trim the skin back around the attachments if needed).

Good idea

Another site showed the iPAD2 hanging on the door of a refrigerator via the magnets from the folding cover. (I would think slamming the door is not a good idea)

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a slightly different note, do you think Apple will have any other cases for sale at the launch besides the smart cover? I am very impatient about such things LOL, and like to have something right away. I didn't use my Kindle for over a week after I got it, until I could get a cover and skin delivered.

A recent Rumor from iLaunch suggests Apple Stores will be removing all films and third party add-ons from their Stores ... No comment on this from Apple... just a rumor.

You know, I read that yesterday also. Then last night I was searching old threads for something, and found someone had posted the exact same thing last year, right after the first Ipad came out...

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to find a third party back cover that will work with the smartcover. Haven't seen anything yet. Tentatively I'm going to get the Zagg full body kit.

I put zagg on everything, I mean, I bought my first iphone 3g for like 299 or 399, I don't remember, it was a few months after it came out, upping to 3gs and now a iphone 4...ever since the 3g I've been mad about zagg...they stick behind their product and it works....period...(and it is the same stuff that's around military chopper blades--which extends life and durability OF A MILITARY GRADE CHOPPER) to me that's just retarded...and I'll pay 40$ for it...

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ppl say the $40 is a rip off. and it really is. but then again, i cant make an ipad 2 case with friggin magnets....

mojo jojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incognito said:

There ya go! I found a similar small netbook case, which also has a neoprene pocket on the outside (great for the portable folding keyboard!) on sale for $5 and it came with a $5 rebate (at Fry's-GOD, I love that store!). Fits my iPad with a little bit of room to spare in all dimensions. This means I can put on pretty much most any kind of casing around the iPad and still be able to store it in this carrying case, which is cool.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

hey i just checked that out nice! but read the fine print, rebate ends april 1st hopefully they process it in time, hope its not a trick they playing to get them off the shelf :l

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this case when I got my IPad 1 (Bday gift) So when I had the IPad returned and waited for the IPad 2 to drop I kept the case and my IPad 2 fits with no problem. Here is the link. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Stand-Case-Gilsson-Best/dp/B004D7CY4Q/ref=pd_sim_e_29[/ame] P.S. I have the red case for my white IPad 2.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mojo jojo said:
hey i just checked that out nice! but read the fine print, rebate ends april 1st hopefully they process it in time, hope its not a trick they playing to get them off the shelf :l

Typically if you postmark it by the deadline you're okay.

Most reactions