What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I The Only 1 Not Upgrading ?

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JackalIK said:
I moved from an iPad 1 to an iPad 3 and wow!!!!! Most noticeable when using note taking apps but it's processing power is amazing!

That is my plan later on next year. By then the prices will have come down.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

jlkohel911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once the rumors were confirmed, I went with the iPad 2. 4g sucks in most areas, and most of the other improvements were for gaming. Yep my other apps would be "prettier"...but I have a desktop for gaming. Now that the iPad 3 is out, I scooped this near mint iPad 2.(16gb3g) on cl for 250. So..whats an iPad 3?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Faster processor, greater camera, faster and better graphic processor and an awesome HD screen ( wear no glasses) has made it compelling enough for me. It is about experience.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
That is my plan later on next year. By then the prices will have come down.

And then there will be iPad 4 or 5 or 6 lmao!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
And then there will be iPad 4 or 5 or 6 lmao!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Yes and that is just a marketing scheme.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
Yes and that is just a marketing scheme.

Yup!!

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at the IPAD 3 sections i glad i didnt upgrade, looks like alot of people are having head aches...

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daved2006 said:
I sold my much love iPad 2 before the keynote and got a decent price for it. If I want to upgrade it will cost me £80 or I can get a brand new iPad 2 again and be £27 up. I also want to get a new case and square trade as I dropped my iPad 2 about 4 times and luckily it did not break or even scratch. So all in all if I was to upgrade I dont really want to spend all that money with the extras.

Yesterday I asked my partners sister who works for Apple to order me the iPad 2 which she will do on Friday but the past few days I've been very undecided changing my mind constantly. There is a lot of Apple haters proclaiming the iPad 2 is dead but I don't buy this rubbish and part of my decision is that I still believe the iPad 2 will be fully supported over the next year, granted there may be a handful of apps that will surface that may not be compatible.

I can fully understand new iPad owners going straight for the new iPad which I would probably do as well if I was a new owner but over the past 6 months I have been very happy with my iPad 2 and the new features are not enough for me to want to upgrade. That's not to say I'm am not impressed by them or I was expecting more, I have just thought a lot about whether I really need them enough to spend more money upgrading.

So who else is not upgrading and will be happy to hang on to their iPad 2 which is surely not dead just yet.

I sort of feel the same way. I use my iPad 2 primarily for reading/ education. Therefore the new iPad's retina display would be very beneficial to me. The iSight camera, the A5X chip, LTE capabilities are all bonuses. Again I really only need the retina display screen, which is really why I'm hesitant. I have the 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G iPad 2 model, and I can't justify spending another $900 just for the retina display upgrade.

I will probably wait until next year, and maybe upgrade then. Until then the next iPhone (iPhone LTE) will be my next purchase. The iPhone is truly mobile of course, and I use it way more than I do my iPad. At least for now.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
. Otherwise, I'm curious what else they'll debut this year, because Tim Cook said in his keynote that there's more coming.

Good point! This also is one of the reasons I'm going to wait. I think big changes will come to OS X, iOS, and the iPhone. And even though I have the iPhone 4S, I will be purchasing the iPhone LTE. Reasoning behind it:
1: Utilized for everyday use
2: Long Term Evolution (LTE) capability.
3: Redesign

These reason along are enough for me to justify buying the latest Apple iPhone. This device is like my laptop but in my pocket. The new iPad has:
1: Retina Display
2: LTE capabilities
3: Upgrade in RAM
4: iSight Camera
5: A5X dual core CPU w/Quad-core graphics

These are nice upgrades, but I only need the retina display. The other hardware upgrades are simply perks or bonuses. So as you stated I look forward to the years WWDC event, and I'm anxious to see what will be presented.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jlkohel911 said:
Once the rumors were confirmed, I went with the iPad 2. 4g sucks in most areas, and most of the other improvements were for gaming. Yep my other apps would be "prettier"...but I have a desktop for gaming. Now that the iPad 3 is out, I scooped this near mint iPad 2.(16gb3g) on cl for 250. So..whats an iPad 3?

Sounds like you got a nice deal. My iPad 2 keeps chugging along and never gives me any trouble. I'm not the type to upgrade if my current product still does me good. If something breaks then that's different. So, I'm hanging for now.

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Sounds like you got a nice deal. My iPad 2 keeps chugging along and never gives me any trouble. I'm not the type to upgrade if my current product still does me good. If something breaks then that's different. So, I'm hanging for now.

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

I am not upgrading. My iPad 1 is fine.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
I am not upgrading. My iPad 1 is fine.

I am still on iPad 2 which was a birthday gift from last year. My god, there have been several upgrades since then. AND, I am still on iPhone 4 from last year as well lol.

Love the avatar btw!!

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Most reactions