What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I The Only 1 Not Upgrading ?

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I just went over to check out the new one. It is nice, that for sure. The screen is great and when you hold then side to side or switch back and forth you can really tell. They even had every model is stock! That being said im typing this on my ipad 2. If I could sell my current one for 400 I would upgrade, but that might be a stretch.

misjade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I haven't had my iPad2 for very long so I'm still enjoying it. The new iPad may be really nice but there's no reason for me to upgrade.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Agree with Old Salt. My 64G 3G Bell device does everything I need it to. And my Panasonic "tube" TV still looks great. I actually prefer CRT display for gaming.
AA

Tube TV's are definitely not better for gaming..unless you are still playing Nintendo.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

Boricua82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its down to personal choice and your own circumstances. Have you owned an iPad before and what do you intend to use it for. Why dont you go to a store and compare the two of them side by side. Nobody can tell you which one to go for thats up to you, however I would say by going for the 2 you wont be at a disadvantage and with the money you would have spent on the new one you can probably use that for a decent warranty with accidental damage and a case etc.

never owned an iPad only an iPod Touch and it was a 2nd generation. i have seen both up close and to be honest i couldn't tell the difference. i want to get iPad 2 cause its way cheaper and honestly i didn't see a big improvement over the new one but that being said i am kinda worried that if i do get the iPad 2 that the iOS will stop giving out updates with in a year or two like previous idevices. that's what i am kinda torn about.

OP
D

Daved2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
never owned an iPad only an iPod Touch and it was a 2nd generation. i have seen both up close and to be honest i couldn't tell the difference. i want to get iPad 2 cause its way cheaper and honestly i didn't see a big improvement over the new one but that being said i am kinda worried that if i do get the iPad 2 that the iOS will stop giving out updates with in a year or two like previous idevices. that's what i am kinda torn about.

By your reasoning that would suggest that the iPad 2 is a dying breed which I dont think anybody in their right mind would agree with. The spec is almost identical so I do not understand how any ios updates could hamper the iPad 2. There are still many many people here on the thread quite happy with the iPad 1 since that was released.

Anyway by the time iPad 2 is out of date Im sure there will be an iPad out with significant upgrades that you may want to upgrade to, as well as that Apple is still selling the iPad 2 alongside the 3.

Yesterday I took delivery of my new iPad 2 and Im very pleased with it again :)

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What previous devices? iPad 1 is still getting updates.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
princessbing1968 said:
I think we are the smart ones. After all, when another iPad is released, the one that is out now is sure to drop in price. As much as I love the iPad, I think some people are a bit obsessed with it. I don't understand the logic of actually waiting in line for one. But, that is just me! Keep the positive iPad 2 conversations coming! :)

Correct. I mean..waiting in line? For something that you can probably get at most stores all day long? Reminds me of the cabbage patch dolls and that crazy frenzy! Remember that nonsense?

And yes.... Us poor iPad 2 guys have to stick together :D

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skipping this gen I'll wait to next one to see what apple is hiding behind that big brain of there's

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Correct. I mean..waiting in line? For something that you can probably get at most stores all day long? Reminds me of the cabbage patch dolls and that crazy frenzy! Remember that nonsense?

And yes.... Us poor iPad 2 guys have to stick together :D

I'm not getting e new one I have the second gen and I agree with you the next day they will have tons sitting there and I love to iPad second gen

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The days before the keynote i made a decission.
If the new ipad would be more expensive than the iPad2 i would go for the iPad2.
As we all know now it's the same price so i got the iPad3.
But i am pretty sure that i would also be happy if it would have been the iPad2. The iPad2 is still on sale and better than most other tabletPcs. There are new iPad2 owners every day.

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get the new iPad. It has nothing to do with $$ but because I didn't care enough to get it. I currently have 2 pad2s, both 3G64and I just don't use them as much as I initially thought. I almost always reach out for the laptop when I want to do anything.

My setup is slightly different than most people. I always remote log onto my server even to do anything, including browse the web. That way I can pick up where I left off from any laptops in the house. Remote desktop apps o the iPad are funky to use. I have tried 2 Apps for this so far.

I must say AirPlay is nice. This is how I use the iPad in my entertainment room to listen to music.

JackalIK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved from an iPad 1 to an iPad 3 and wow!!!!! Most noticeable when using note taking apps but it's processing power is amazing!

Most reactions

Latest posts