What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I The Only 1 Not Upgrading ?

yesi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure. The ipad was in perfect condition when I got it. The scratch was either made by me or my sister so it wasn't a manufacture thing.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yesi said:
I'm not sure. The ipad was in perfect condition when I got it. The scratch was either made by me or my sister so it wasn't a manufacture thing.

Ahhh, speak to your peeps about TLC for YOUR pad!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

vette0012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad2 and have no intention on upgrading. I bought both of my children the same with knowledge that the new one was coming out. All 3 of us have the wifi 3G
32gb

mlnevese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no intention of buying the new Ipad unless my IPad 2 breaks or some new App I need to do my work comes out exclusively for the new model.

The IPad 2 does everything I need right now.

OldSalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to go with the majority here. I have an iPad 2, 64Gb w/ 3G (AT&T). I'm very happy with it and it does all I need in a fine fashion. I saw the iPad 3 and the display is very impressive. Impressive enough to make me spend $829? No. Like all my electronic upgrades, when a new version either does something I now cannot do well, or does something new that I feel I must have, then I'll upgrade and at that time buy the best available - which will then last me through several more product cycles. My Blackberry still takes and makes calls, my HD TV still works fine and I can do without 3D. My 10 year old SUV still works pretty well also.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OldSalt said:
I have to go with the majority here. I have an iPad 2, 64Gb w/ 3G (AT&T). I'm very happy with it and it does all I need in a fine fashion. I saw the iPad 3 and the display is very impressive. Impressive enough to make me spend $829? No. Like all my electronic upgrades, when a new version either does something I now cannot do well, or does something new that I feel I must have, then I'll upgrade and at that time buy the best available - which will then last me through several more product cycles. My Blackberry still takes and makes calls, my HD TV still works fine and I can do without 3D. My 10 year old SUV still works pretty well also.

Absolutely!!! I am grateful for the pad I have now.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Califkate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sticking with my ipad1 til it dies. I still have one of the original iPod classics...6 or 7 years old. Still going strong. luv 'em!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Califkate said:
I'm sticking with my ipad1 til it dies. I still have one of the original iPod classics...6 or 7 years old. Still going strong. luv 'em!

Me too!!

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the present I am just staying with my tried and trusted iPad2 I looked Saturday, at my local BestBuy the new iPad and did not see enough improvement where I felt I could use it to buy another newer iPad. Am sure if I was a gamer or watched videos and movies, it would be a great upward move.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SNOWDROP252 said:
I'm sticking with my iPad2 until it becomes NECESSARY to change for a later model.

That's probably where Im at too. I just checked out an iPad 3 and while the display is nicer I didn't feel that it was that much of an upgrade over what I have now. I tried a few videos, games, etc, etc. it was great..... Bu so is my iPad 2. IMO if you own an iPad 2 I don't think the updates are worth it. If you don't own any iPad then by all means get the latest one. That's my take on it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
For the present I am just staying with my tried and trusted iPad2 I looked Saturday, at my local BestBuy the new iPad and did not see enough improvement where I felt I could use it to buy another newer iPad. Am sure if I was a gamer or watched videos and movies, it would be a great upward move.

Also the resale value has gone way down!! 200-300 dollars for an iPad that was 829.00!! Can't do it.

Liselot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still love my iPad2 64 with 3G, maybe next year I will upgrade. For me it is just a toy, an expensive toy!!!

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to a local store where they had a side by side comparison of the 2 and 3, and i must say for the money id have to loss in selling my ipad 2 and buying the "3" im much happier staying with the two. I watched hd youtube movies and the movies play great on both. The sale man opted me to try it with a hd picture to see the real differance and I defintly could. For me it comes down to money and I feel like id be wasting it upgrading.

Most reactions

Latest posts