What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I missing something?

txdave13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I downloaded 4.2.1 about an hour ago. Pretty stoked to try it out. First, I can't figure out the multitasking. I read where others say there is a bar that you use for multitasking. Either I don't know how to bring it up or I just don't have it. Second, the mute switch doesn't mute anything, just flashes a speaker with a line through it symbol. And third, where is the button that is supposed to lock the orientation? Now that the switch is for mute, I have no way to lock it.

Getting kinda' frustrated here. I'm sure that someone will come along and say the answer is simple, and I hope that is the case, but for now I'm wondering if something is wrong.

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a search on YouTube for iOS 4.2 Preview.

There are several videos there and around the Web that will answer all of your questions.

MSax

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I downloaded 4.2.1 about an hour ago. Pretty stoked to try it out. First, I can't figure out the multitasking. I read where others say there is a bar that you use for multitasking. Either I don't know how to bring it up or I just don't have it.
Double tap the Home button

Second, the mute switch doesn't mute anything, just flashes a speaker with a line through it symbol.
I am sure there will be an iOS 4.2.2 sometime in the near future to fix this!

And third, where is the button that is supposed to lock the orientation? Now that the switch is for mute, I have no way to lock it.
Once you are in the multi-tasking bar, slide your finger to the right where you will see the iPod controls and the screen orientation lock.

ipad63.jpg

Last edited:

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange that they let the mute switch bug slip through.

Anyone remember the days where Apple stood for QUALITY? LOL!!!

*Ducks Tomatoes* MISSED ME!!!!!!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it interesting that you can now tell how many web sites are open now.

Most reactions