What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Already have Docs to Go on my Droid.....using Quickoffice on Ipad?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been a long time user of DTG on my mobile devices. I am a light user and mostly use Word and some simple Excel formulas. Currently, on my Droid Razr Maxx, I sync DTG to Google Drive without any issues. I need an Office Suite on my Ipad 2 to do the same things DTG does on my Droid. I was considering the Ipad version of DTG until I read all of the negative reviews. Specifically, many of them said that IPad's DTG does not work with the Google Drive Ipad app. Therefore, I am wondering if I were to download Quickoffice on my Ipad would it work with DTG (syncing using Google Drive between the Droid and Ipad)? Thanks for any much needed help!

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two versions of Documents to Go for the iPad. The premium one includes support for directly accessing cloud services including google docs/drive. For the standard version, it's available as an in-app purchase that unlocks all the premium version features.

OP
S

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two versions of Documents to Go for the iPad. The premium one includes support for directly accessing cloud services including google docs/drive. For the standard version, it's available as an in-app purchase that unlocks all the premium version features.

Thanks, however most of the recent reviews for the ipad DTG app indicate that it does not work as it should with Google Drive. This is the reason why I would like to know if I can use Quick Office on my ipad and whether or not it will work with DTG which I have on my Droid.....thanks!

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah. In theory, no reason it shouldn't work as long as the documents are word documents and not in the google docs format. Quickoffice can be flakey when dealing with the native google format.

That being said I personally haven't had problems with DTG and editing documents on google drive and I use it pretty heavily.

Most reactions

Latest posts