What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alphacon - FREE Tweak

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alphacon is a nice free tweak available on Cydia.

It simply enables you to apply your own alpha transparency settings to your icons, folders, switcher, and dock.

Nice and simple. Does exactly what it says on the tin...

The tweak comes with a basic set of settings to fiddle with...

108aa801.jpg

And in this example you can see a nice subtle application of transparency to my icons and folders in comparison to those on the dock....

51c50810.jpg

The tweak seems to play nicely with all the major springboard tweaks such as Winterboard, shrink, iconoclasm, switcher mod etc.

That's Alphacon! Have fun messing with your icon transparency.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alphacon is a nice free tweak available on Cydia.

It simply enables you to apply your own alpha transparency settings to your icons, folders, switcher, and dock.

The tweak seems to play nicely with all the major springboard tweaks such as Winterboard, shrink, iconoclasm, switcher mod etc.

installed on my iphone 4, and i am having a conflict with it and possibly scrollingboard(which is a major major tweak for me).

it works as planned, but when i scroll my springboard page to another page, my dock disappears, nothing happens if i pretend an icon is there for me to press...... if i put device to sleep, and swipe to unlock, my dock appears.
if i scroll to a new springboard page again, dock is gone again......had to remove. When removed, no issues.

i might look into sending an email to the developer, and hopefully it can be sorted out, cause i like this one.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have scrollingboard installed Poser, and I can scroll back and forth fine... No issues with the dock. I have 2 pages of dock icons and the time / date add-on...

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have scrollingboard installed Poser, and I can scroll back and forth fine... No issues with the dock. I have 2 pages of dock icons and the time / date add-on...

I can scroll in the dock(4 pages), but as soon as I flip a springboard page, dock vanishes, and a sleep/wake brings it back.

Since you have no issues with scrollingboard, I'm guessing some other tweak now, but which one, maybe I see if it's dock oriented.

I will test it with my iPad 1, and iPad 2, both have scrollingboard, later and report back.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you're right. I hardly ever change the orientation of my springboard due to the themes I use. Almost exclusively locked in portrait. Switching the orientation does indeed seem to introduce some instability. My bad.
Works fine if you don't switch orientations though!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i installed on the iPad 1 and didn't have an issue until i switched orientation.... the issue i have now is, i can't scroll in the dock, unless i disabled the tweak in settings app.

i did send an email to the developer earlier on, with scrollingboard being the possible conflict, but for the iphone 4 and dock disappearing.
But my dock doesn't disappear for the iPad 1, just can't scroll thru.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see there is an update for it.

But no scrollingboard update, although I didn't try it out yet.

Update claims fixes for infinidock..

HomeSchoolDev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update

Hi Poser,

I'm the developer for Alphacon... I don't own scrollingboard, nor do I intend to purchase it (unless I have to), but was the issue fixed with the update?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HomeSchoolDev said:
Hi Poser,

I'm the developer for Alphacon... I don't own scrollingboard, nor do I intend to purchase it (unless I have to), but was the issue fixed with the update?

Had it disabled on my iPad 1, just enabled and don't see an issue so far, didn't test the iPad 2, or iPhone 4, but I intend on trying again for ip4, where I had the most issues, and I also got rid of barrel on ip4, by getting rid of barrel, I am able to use the homescreen web browser from scrollingboard(again), which I really like.

Most reactions

Latest posts