What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allshare

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
murraymints said:
Are they easy to set up? And use?

It couldn't be easier, plug it in, connect to your network and it's up and running (note that they don't come with an HDMI cable so you'll need one of those too). If you download the Remote App it makes it super easy to control.

The Archangel

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry yo keep bugging you, last time I went to the apple shop was about 3 months ago. They told me about apple tv. Which was £100 back then ,but told me the new one would be coming out soon. Cant remember when. It was gonna be more. Dp you know what the difference is? And is the new one out. Thanks for your help

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help and support I'm gonna buy apple tv 3.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried apple tv. It's the easiest but the features in it is already in the smart tv. It'll be a waste to mirror the same features. $99 is quite expensive.

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
I've tried apple tv. It's the easiest but the features in it is already in the smart tv. It'll be a waste to mirror the same features. $99 is quite expensive.

I agree it's a lot of money. But I can't get hold of allshare app. And IMEDIA share isn't supported with iPad. So getting apple tv seems to be my only option

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
murraymints said:
I agree it's a lot of money. But I can't get hold of allshare app. And IMEDIA share isn't supported with iPad. So getting apple tv seems to be my only option

I've just looked on the app store and there is both a light free version of imediashare and a paid version. It says in the description that it does play music photos and videos.

On the other hand apple tv will work with most of the apps you already have and can be used to mirror games as well. It is a better solution for iPads.

You may still be able to get an apple tv 2 at a lower price if you don't need 1080

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
I've just looked on the app store and there is both a light free version of imediashare and a paid version. It says in the description that it does play music photos and videos.

On the other hand apple tv will work with most of the apps you already have and can be used to mirror games as well. It is a better solution for iPads.

You may still be able to get an apple tv 2 at a lower price if you don't need 1080

Do u use imediashare? And are u using iPad 2 or 3?

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:

Soz I've tried both IMEDIA apps they don't support data on iPad

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Let us know how you get on with it.

The Archangel

Hi I've got apple t.v 3 very pleased with it.
I want to do home share but I don't have a p.c at home. It's asking me to turn on homeshare using a p.c.
Can I go to my local Internet cafe and turn it on or do I need a p.c in my home?

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
murraymints said:
If u can get hold of the all share app. You can play your music and films, photos videos through your tv. I can't find it please let me know if you find it.

Hi murraymints I have a Samsung smart tv and i have imediashare to play music from new iPad and iPhone 4.hope this helps.

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maxtwo said:
Hi murraymints I have a Samsung smart tv and i have imediashare to play music from new iPad and iPhone 4.hope this helps.

Can u tell me how you've done it cuz I get unsupported data cheers

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
murraymints said:
Can u tell me how you've done it cuz I get unsupported data cheers

I'm very much a novice at this but I tried it out for pictures on the free lite version. Then bought full version and just played about with it their is a lot of buffering between tracks.All I can say it worked strate out or the tin.

OP
M

murraymints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maxtwo said:
I'm very much a novice at this but I tried it out for pictures on the free lite version. Then bought full version and just played about with it their is a lot of buffering between tracks.All I can say it worked strate out or the tin.

Thanks I guess I'm just unlucky I'll stick to my apple tv 3 witch is a con if u don't have a pc

Most reactions

Latest posts