What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my iPad 2 as a TV Remote

Griz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent app that I can run to turn my iPad 2 into a digital remote for my Samsung 60" Smart TV.

The TV does have a fairly decent remote but I want something better.

If anyone knows of such an app that will let me use my iPad 2 as a Digital Display Remote for my TV I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

Griz

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at Samsung's website for details of any such apps.

These are becoming more widely available. I control my Yamaha AV Receiver and LG BluRay player with my iPad.

Luber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're on Rogers cable, download their Anyplace TV At Home app. Interactive TV guide, remote control for TV & PVR channel selection/recording. You can also watch a bunch of channels on your iPad; not all channels are available, but they're always adding more.

It's not a great app, kind of slow and the interface is clunky and stutters sometimes. Nevertheless, I use it all the time!

Most reactions

Latest posts