What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All my apps disappeared

donkerdal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum so bear with me.
I have recently bought the new iPad
I was playing a game of Word Feud and when I quit it all of a sudden all of my apps had disappeared (except those that are standard on the ipad). This has happened to me once before with this iPad. Before this I has the iPad 1 and I never had this problem. Can anybody tell me how this can happen and what I can do abouy it!

TinieTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, It's seems like there is something wrong with the iPad. Especially the iPad 3 , that problem should not be occurring with its high power performance. If you still have the guarantee I would suggest changing it and getting a new one.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting your device? Both soft and hard restarts?

OP
D

donkerdal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried both after the first time it happened, but obviously that did not solve it. Very frustrating

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read this from another thread.
Try going to General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout

If still does not appear, try syncing it with iTunes.

Redtherdonz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read this from another thread.
Try going to General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout

If still does not appear, try syncing it with iTunes.

I success after lost all apps icon
I have jailbreak ipad, then i use ifunbox to rename /var/mobile/Application to applicationx.
Going to General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.
After that, resprings ipad with SBsettings
You will lost all apps icon

Begin with rename Applicatonx to Application
Going to General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.
After that, resprings ipad with SBsettings
You will get all icon back, no need to restore

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum so bear with me.
I have recently bought the new iPad
I was playing a game of Word Feud and when I quit it all of a sudden all of my apps had disappeared (except those that are standard on the ipad). This has happened to me once before with this iPad. Before this I has the iPad 1 and I never had this problem. Can anybody tell me how this can happen and what I can do abouy it!

That can be a worrying thing and it has happened to some people in the past. I wouldn't in the first instance jump according to the post by Mr Scrooge's employee's son posting below your OP. At least treat that suggestion as a last resort. A problem with Apps "especially with the iPad3"??? does not necessarily mean there is something wrong with your iPad.

Try the following:
***Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout
***This too could help: Tap your App store icon and at the bottom tap Purchased. Then up top tap "All". Now comes the tedious part. Tap the Cloud symbol next to each
App you want to retrieve. Choose an afternoon free:p Could take some (a lot?) depending on how many Apps you want to say hullo to again..
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

JessW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geekytoddler.com
Can't you get some help from the Apple shop? after all it should under warranty period and they should correct it :)

Love xoxo

Jess

Most reactions

Latest posts