What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

airstash movies...help

broadhurst1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Now forgive me if this has already been covered, but there is so much out there I am getting bogged down and not getting very far. I have bought an airstash in preparation for a family holiday to entertain the children (no wifi). My main aim is to get a large memory card to store movies on. I had read that people had made backups of their DVD collections. Now I have a few, along with a few that are already ripped. I understand the concept and how to rip the DVDs. The only problem is all such files are coming in over 4GB. I have used DVD shrink thought it was at 3GB then the file came out over 4??? Where am I going wrong here, I desperately want to sort this for my children, or its a massive waste of time and money.

Thanks in anticipation!

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

what file format do you rip to? mpeg, mp4?
I know that a DVD can be ripped to about 600 - 800 MB with the file format being avi.
It might be a question of the ripping program you use, and the file format you rip to. So if you can change settings to this type and try again it might work.

Knut

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DVD Shrink only rips the DVD data to our hard drive. You then have convert that to a usable and more compressed format to use with your iPad. You could use Handbrake to convert to mp4 (using the iPad defaults), or another video conversion software to another format if using third party players.

Most reactions