What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airplane Mode??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Read somewhere by turning on Airplane mode you could save a little battery power.
For the heck of it, thought I would see what happens. Green button "on" in settings!
Supposed to knock out WiFi and some other stuff but it didn't.
WiFi still works fine at home with no changes in email exchanges.
Don't get it??
Thanks.....Ken

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,
Read somewhere by turning on Airplane mode you could save a little battery power.
For the heck of it, thought I would see what happens. Green button "on" in settings!
Supposed to knock out WiFi and some other stuff but it didn't.
WiFi still works fine at home with no changes in email exchanges.
Don't get it??
Thanks.....Ken
Are you sure you have turned on Airplane mode?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you activate Airplane mode, all the other wireless services below it should immediately change to 'off'. Did they?

After I check that mine did, I went on to experiment a little. Turns out that you can turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth back on after turning on Airplane mode, and it will remember those settings so that the next time you turn on Airplane Mode, they will remain on. It's possible some time in the past you did this, and they remain that way. Or perhaps not. Try turning them off with Airplane Mode on, and see if they start toggling as they should after that.

I'm guessing this is so you can fine tune what Airplane Mode turns on/off. Like so you can turn off the cellular radio and leave your home wi-fi running, for a modest battery savings without losing the internet.

Also:

Cellular Data and Personal Hotspot always turn off. If the Cellular Data mode is on in it's settings, the test changes to Airplane Mode. If it is off in Cellular Settings, it will say off.

Personal Hotspot grays out when in Airplane Mode, so you can not turn it on.

At least that is what happens on my iPad Pro on iPadOS 17.

Image.png

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Tpoet,
I can toggle WiFi and Bluetooth on and off with Airplane mode on. Green buttons.
This one doesn't have cellular.
Anyway, enough of that. Thanks for the response......."again!!"
Ken

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve found the easiest way to select what you want on/off when using Airplane Mode is to select Airplane Mode from the drop down Control Centre, then turn off anything else you don’t want on when Airplane is selected, and the next time you turn it on all of those options will be off as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts