What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Bringing Three New Photoshop CS5 Companion Apps to iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmAhoPIVXpc&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Photoshop CS5 Interaction with Tablet Devices[/ame]​

MacRumors reports that Adobe has today announced a new Photoshop Touch Software Development Kit that will enable developers to create tablet applications designed to interact with Adobe Photoshop CS5. To show everyone else how it’s done, Adobe has got the ball rolling with three new Photoshop CS5-compatible apps for the iPad, which will be priced from $1.99 to $4.99 and will be available in the App Store at the beginning of May. The three apps in question are Adobe Eazel, Adobe Nav and Adobe Color Lava.

Adobe Eazel enables the user to create works of art with their fingertips on their iPad, and then send the artwork directly to Photoshop CS5.

Adobe Nav enables the user to customise the Photoshop CS5 toolbar on their iPad, giving them an extra tool with which to interact with Photoshop CS5 on their computer. With the app, the user can browse, reorder, view and zoom in on up to 200 open Photoshop documents on their iPad.

Finally, with the third of the Adobe Color Lava iPad apps, you can use your fingertips to mix colours on your iPad and create custom swatches and five-swatch themes, then instantly access them in Photoshop CS5 via a network connection. All three of the apps can also be used to share your work and ideas via email.

Source: Adobe Introduces Photoshop Touch SDK and 3 iPad Apps for Photoshop - Mac Rumors

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like that it looks good ... but your finger are too big i need a pen that has a point as big as a pencil... i do draw and i would love that... just have to find that in my things i need :) thank you for that post :)

Johnmarshall4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the idea of using the iPad and a computer 'accessory'. I get to put my device 'to work' during the work day instead of just sitting there in my bag.

jakeLowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope Autodesk does this with Maya.

I had this idea to use my ipad as an animation assistant.

I'd really need to develop my own app for this though.

I'll try out these cs5 apps to give me an idea where it can go.

I love this uncharted territory ipad stuff . . . hmmm

Most reactions

Latest posts