What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Demoes New iPad Photoshop App With Layers

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
photoshop.JPG

MacStories reports today that Adobe has been demonstrating its impressive new version of Photoshop for the iPad at Photoshop World. Part of the demo was captured on video by Photography Bay, and shows that the new app will have support for layers, most importantly, as well as new ways of comparing original and edited photos. As 9to5 Mac points out in its report on the demo, although Adobe already has its Photoshop Express app in the App Store for iPhone and iPad, which is a perfectly adequate imagine editing tool, it lacks the support for layers that the desktop version has. All that looks set to change with this new app though, which basically enables you to apply multiple layers to a photo with your fingertips. Unfortunately Adobe has not given any idea so far as to when the app might be released for the iPad, or how much it will cost.

Source: Video: New Photoshop for iPad with layers and cool animations | 9 to 5 Mac Video: New Photoshop for iPad with layers and cool animations | Apple Intelligence, MacStories: Photoshop For iPad To Be Updated With Support For Layers

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool.....but why do they think they can only accomplish this on ipad2 when I already have that in art studio on my ipad1.

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll download it if it's free, and have a little play with it. Even with layers though it still can't be much of an improvement on the first version, which was dissapointing and pretty much just a toy rather than a serious editing app.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to see developers are taking advantage of the improved performance of the iPad2.
Hopefully the first of many.

I'm thinking it's time Apple upgraded it's iWorks apps and delivered a version of iPhoto for iPad2.

Most reactions

Latest posts