What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding names to videos?

RipGroove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDIT/ Think I've figured it out, don't know why but my videos were imported as photos to my ipad so they were showing up as photos (ie with no file name). Seems I need to keep videos out of the camera roll and keep them in VIDEOS. That said though when exporting a video from iMovie it only gives me the option to export the movie to CAMERA ROLL (which is evidently not where it should go??) The only way I can see around this is to copy my movie from my ipad to my laptop then import it back to the ipad via iTunes as a movie!

How on earth do I give my videos a name that will show up in photo album? Have tried importing direct from memory card and also through iTunes but my videos never have names (which makes it hard to know what they are until I open them). Help appreciated :)

Last edited:
OP
R

RipGroove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I see is this:

d92e7e68a4f5a07658ae9f46020f622c.jpg

It seems that my videos are showing up as photos on my ipad, they show up in my Photos with no name, and they also show up in my iMovie as photos with no name, but they show up in my Videos with their name OK. Also my iMovie doesn't display that I have any videos available under VIDEOS. All it shows is that I have videos available under PHOTOS? Why does my ipad think my videos are photos? They are set to FILMS in my iTunes.

Last edited:

Most reactions