What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Ipad Remove Ipad From Itunes

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a set procedure to remove any info from old Ipad when you purchase another one?

I'm selling the one I have and purchasing another one.

What do I do within Itunes, if anything?

Or will it simply recognize the new Ipad? Do I delete old Ipad? If so, how?

Thanks for any help.

Jim T

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to restore the old one, for a new user, or make sure the new one gets accepted by your iTunes?

No matter what, its as simple as be. Just plug in the new one, and "restore" with a backup from your old one. And its all set to go with all the data from the old one.

If you want to restore the old, you just press the "restore" button in iTunes when its plugged in. Then select "Set as new".

Hope this helps. Else feel free to explain a bit deeper :D

Alexander

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Go into the settings app.

under general click on reset.
select erase all content and settings.

thats it, it will show a progress bar for a few minutes while all data is securely erased from the ipad. it will then show the connnect to itunes logo like when you first took it out of the box.

shhardyme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into the settings app.

under general click on reset.
select erase all content and settings.

thats it, it will show a progress bar for a few minutes while all data is securely erased from the ipad. it will then show the connnect to itunes logo like when you first took it out of the box.

What about the ser. # of the device in my name. Isn't that a problem with someone else activating it on iTunes?

Most reactions

Latest posts