What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing iTunes Question

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image-710715712.jpg

image-680448069.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Latest version then. I assume you've tried the reboots of router, PC and iPad?

I'm on my way home now so I'll have access to my PC in a few hours. I'll have a dig through and see what I can figure out.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Silly, I know, but are you logged into the same account on your computer and iPad? If not you won't be able to stream.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To turn it on in the older version go to Advanced -> Turn On Home Sharing (it will be where this has Turn Off - where the cursor is pointing)

Attachments

• image-2110297186.jpg
    image-2110297186.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 141
OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Zstairlessone

Yes I am Signed in on the Same account as my Computer and ipad 3 I do not have the Old version of iTunes on my Computer. Should I try to find a Old version of iTunes on the Internet?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi Zstairlessone

Yes I am Signed in on the Same account as my Computer and ipad 3 I do not have the Old version of iTunes on my Computer. Should I try to find a Old version of iTunes on the Internet?

I haven't upgraded yet, been waiting it out till any bugs are gone. I'm not sure if you can install an older version once 11.x is on your system.

Is home sharing turned on on the iPad? Go to settings, scroll down on the left column side to Video and you should see the settings and login options (Apple ID and Password)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anyone link Apple's support page for Home Sharing, so I'll do so.

iOS: Setting up Home Sharing on your device

Be methodical and go over the setup for each device. If it still does not work there is a troubleshooting link near the bottom that coves extra places to check, like your Firewall, if you have one.

Good luck.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet

I have Tried Those steps with no luck. I have Turn off my Windows firewall and Microsoft security essentials.so Frustrated here I am going to Try to see if I can find a older Version of the iTunes that is on my Computer to see if that will Fix it
Thank you

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you had it working in the past?

It would be useful to know if we are dealing with something that broke, rather than something that was never working from the get go.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Sorry it's not working for you. It works for me on iTunes 11, but I'm also using a Mac, so that may not mean much.

You haven't said much about how you're using it, so I'm going to mention a few essentials, just in case they were missed. Expect a lot of redundancy.

The computer must be on and iTunes running. Bot the iPad and computer must be on the same wi-fi network.

To see videos you must use the Videos app. Only music and other audio only content show up in the Music app.

The Shared library must be selected. The videos do not show up inline with what you already have on the iPad. It normally shows up as a gray square with a house in the middle. It can take a while for the library list to load.

Good luck.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

I got it from the App Store Yesterday I have Never Had it working . I hope this is What you mean by How am I using it. I wanted to Download Season one of how to rock from iTunes But did not Have enough space on my ipad 3 to do it. so I Download how to rock on to the iTunes on my Computer. So I was Looking for a app that I Could access the iTunes that was on my Computer. So I Could Watch how to rock Season one on my ipad 3 . I was Told that the Remote app would do this.
Thank you

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. I haven't forgotten the thread. I just didn't make it home yet. I'll be there sometime tomorrow and will be able to play around with iTunes etc and see what actually works and what doesn't.

Most reactions