What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access Open Apps

Roniwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and new to the iPad. I will probably be asking lots of questions. The first thing I would like to know is, when I open up a link in my e-mail how do I get back to my e-mail without closing out of my e-mail all together? I keep looking for a back button or something.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and new to the iPad. I will probably be asking lots of questions. The first thing I would like to know is, when I open up a link in my e-mail how do I get back to my e-mail without closing out of my e-mail all together? I keep looking for a back button or something.
Welcome to the forum! With respect to your question, all you need to do is access your multitasking bar and you can switch between any open apps listed. Either double press the Home button or swipe up with four fingers on your iPad's screen and the multitasking bar will slide into view. When you're done, simply tap anywhere on the main screen and it will disappear.

This is also where you can close apps that you're not using (a good idea to do periodically). Press and hold any of the icons until they all start to jiggle. A red circle with a "-" minus sign will appear. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 12.03.54 PM.png

There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

BTW, I moved your post from the Apple iPad Polls forum to the iPF Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts