What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access iPad from PC (not the other way around)

EwanG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would appear that while there are a number of great solutions to let you access your PC from your iPad, there are no apps to let you access your iPad from your PC? I need to be able to do remote support of some iPads in the field, and this lack is about to mean I'm going to have to cancel the project and tell folks we'll have to go back to notebooks. If there's an app I've missed, PLEASE let me know!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid there is no way to remotely access an iPad from a PC. This is because of the isolation ('sandboxing') of apps in the iPad's operating system, iOS. This prevents one app from interacting with another, except through the explicit provision of iOS.

At present, this is simply not possible.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only idea I can offer you is the same trick I the same trick I suggested to another member who wants this feature: if you have more than one iDevice at the remote site (like an iPad and iPhone or even other video capable phone) you can have the field FaceTime (or Skype) you and point the camera at the problem device.

yokley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've compared quite a few remote support tools recently.

I'd recommend taking a look at Bomgar - it'll enable you to remote support iPads and iPhones. You can get a license for 2+ technicians.

LogMeIn Rescue also includes support for remote controlling iPads - but you'll need to get their add-on license for mobile devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In both cases you can only push configuration profiles. You can not see or control the iPad. Pretty limited, and of more use to business IT departments that want standard setup control on the iPads than the Help Desk who has to explain how to use the device and/or app.

Most reactions

Latest posts