What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absinthe

Tydupangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did it work for u?

Mine just crashes after the "preparing jailbreak" stage

Any help?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people are reporting crashing. Just hold out and wait until they release a fix or figure out what causes it.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, update.
Another user reported on Windows to right click on the JB tool, and hit "properties". Then click on the "compatibility" tap at the top. Check the box to run the program in compatibility mode and select "Windows XP Service Pack 2".
Hit apply and close. Try to JB again.

fgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried but nothing....still the error apears just about 5 minutes after cliking the jailbreak button.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're turning on VPN, yes? Mine did nothing first time then enabled VPN (cancelled the VPN popup box) then worked without a hitch.

Grither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, update.
Another user reported on Windows to right click on the JB tool, and hit "properties". Then click on the "compatibility" tap at the top. Check the box to run the program in compatibility mode and select "Windows XP Service Pack 2".
Hit apply and close. Try to JB again.

I hope this works for others but it didnt work for me

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of interest can any of you having problems please state your setup? It is important to know, for example, what version of Windows you are on! Details help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I'm on windows XP, iOS 5.0.1,

Do you have latest iTunes too? Absinthe pwns the iTunes backup and restore process. You may run into errors if you are not up to date. Also, make sure all anti-virus and firewall software is temporarily disabled as this has been known to interfere with stuff in the past.

Last edited:

mrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked fine for me...was jail broken in about 15 mins....am on windows 7 though...going crazy with Cydia now....waited too long for this day :)

OP
Tydupangel

Tydupangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually no I don't have the latest iTunes. I'll try to turn off the antivirus and firewall... Will let u kno

OP
Tydupangel

Tydupangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPADfreak90 said:
THE BEST WAY TO TO JAILBREAK IN MY VIEW IS the CLI VERSION......well thts just my opinion!

Good to know, I think I'll try this one

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read carefully

I had the same exact problems. Once you press the jailbreak button it starts, but won't complete. It would sit there as if it was frozen. Correct?

If that's the case go to iTunes and put the iPad back to its original state. Just like you got it out the box. Set up the basics and then do your jailbreak. You won't be disappointed

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts