What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC app is pretty cool....

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our DVR died a few weeks back so wife and I had been watching Lost episodes online (Macbook Pro connected to TV). Stumbled on the ABC app tonight and they have everything there optimized for the iPad. Very cool. It's easier than using their website. Hope other sites follow suit too!!!! Gotta love the new gadget!!!!:D

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried watching a couple episodes of Better off Ted and the app kept shutting down when it would try to start the video. Glad it's working for someone.

klehan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that problem too, seems some shows work and some don't. Very disappointing.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ABC could make this a "killer" app by letting you watch previous seasons without having to purchase them in the iTunes store.

I realize why they don't but still, would love to have access to every episode of Lost.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CPMS, were you able to use the video out to make the ABC app play on your TV.

I've used it on the iPad several times to show people clips from the iPad episode of Modern Family with no problems.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, the abc app is my favorite. I got caught up on episodes of Modern Family on Saturday (it was kind of surreal watching the iPad episode on my iPad). :)

OP
C

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I didn't pick up the video connector for the iPad, it only outputs to VGA. Will get a connector if they get it to output to DVI.

OP
C

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ABC could make this a "killer" app by letting you watch previous seasons without having to purchase them in the iTunes store.

I realize why they don't but still, would love to have access to every episode of Lost.

I think all seasons are available (at least for Lost). Try checking again. Go to one of the current episodes and there's a button on the right side of the screen that let's you choose one of the previous seasons. Only problem I'm having now is the app crashes kinda often (like AZRaptor said). Maybe need to wait for ABC to update the app, oh well that's what we get for being "early adopters" huh. I still love this device .......

OP
C

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, if you're having issues with the ABC app, try rebooting your iPad. I did that and now the app works fine (at least for now).

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I didn't pick up the video connector for the iPad, it only outputs to VGA. Will get a connector if they get it to output to DVI.

Well, I didn't try the ABC app at the time, but I did try the video output using my old iPod Touch component cable. Picture quality is very good, 480P which looks very nice on my 50" 720P plasma TV.

A DVI or HDMI connector would be cool though as well.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure to check for updates, they had one yesterday and mine has since stopped crashing. Now they just need to add landscape navigation.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the update and it started crashing (didn't have problems before the update). Once I rebooted the iPad, it worked flawlessly. This is a seriously great app. I hope the other networks follow suit.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the update and it started crashing (didn't have problems before the update). Once I rebooted the iPad, it worked flawlessly. This is a seriously great app. I hope the other networks follow suit.

well CBS has shows on their site that stream fine on iPad...but they don't really have any shows anyone watches. NBC is the only one we need...and that would be Hulu....good luck getting comcast to let up the reigns there.

Most reactions

Latest posts