What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A6 Chip Testing Schedule Could Indicate No iPad 3 Until 2012

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
TSMC.JPG

MacStories reports today on a story in the Taiwan Economic News that says that Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC), has been approved by Apple to start trial production of the A6 chip. According to the report, the chip will not be publicly unveiled until Q2 of 2012 at the earliest, which as MacStories notes, could be an indication of the timeline for the release of the next iPad, for which it is said the A6 chip is primarily being made. If the chip will not be ready until Q2 2012, does that mean that we can’t expect another iPad until Q2 2012 either? In the last few weeks, there have been many rumours swirling around saying that the iPad 3 will be released by the end of this year, possibly even in October, but now with this story, and another story on TiPb, which also says not to expect the iPad 3 until spring 2012, it could be that the sceptics were right all along, and two iPads in 2011 would be just one too many for Apple!

Source: Report: TSMC Begins A6 Chip Trials, Won't Be Ready For Any iPad HD This Fall
New iPhone on October 7, no new iPad until spring 2012 | TiPb

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has Apple ever released two versions of anything in one year or less than ten months for that matter?
I wouldn't expect it before next spring.

64GB 3G White iPad

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen lots of info pertaining to the same. Most likely iPad 3 will come in 2012. I bought the iPad 2 on the UK release date and would like to get a full year out of it. I would buy the new device on the release date (as I have little self control) but would feel cheated.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are also reports that the suppliers can not meet apples demand for the double hd resolution screens. And (I think I read either in TUAW or 9to5mac) that they cancelled the orders for this year.

Most reactions

Latest posts