What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/V for iPad?

capri39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will definitely classify me as a newbie but here goes. Do you need an anti-virus app for the iPad?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coming from a 100% PC world I find it hard to believe no AV is needed but that's what everyone says.....
4 months and no issues so I guess I'm OK......Way to go Apple! :thumbs:

Starwars5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming from a 100% PC world I find it hard to believe no AV is needed but that's what everyone says.....
4 months and no issues so I guess I'm OK......Way to go Apple! :thumbs:

Just so you know, the reason it can't get viruses is apple's very... "Controlling nature". Since each app in the App Store has to go through intense checking to simply be released, it's almost impossible for an actual app to contain a virus. Plus, I don't imagine many people design viruses for IOS devices. It's a different story if it's jail broken, though.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But what about getting a virus from somewhere you visited on safari? Because you can go anywhere on safari? Or does Just not take you to a unsafe website?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cyndy said:
But what about getting a virus from somewhere you visited on safari? Because you can go anywhere on safari? Or does Just not take you to a unsafe website?

You could only be affected by a virus written for your particular software, i.e. a virus for windows can't infect any other operating system. Theoretically it would be possible to get a virus but at present it's practically impossible.

The Archangel

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Gab, we can always depend on you for a good answer. And that's good to know, because that may be the reason my computer repair man said he had no idea how to help me if I got a virus on my iPad. Because it doesn't happen. Poor man makes a lot of money cleaning up Windows virus, he must hate Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts