What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A query regarding App Store on iPad Pro and other Apple devices

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am active here since couple of months. I possess iPad Pro 10.5 which replaced my old iPad mini 2. iPad mini I passed to my daughter who is using it for fun like coloring, playing games and watching videos. I wanted some special apps to be for my use and those are on my iPad Pro and the other entertainment or recreation apps are on my iPad mini. But I have noticed my all the installed apps on iPad Pro are duplicated on iPad mini 2 and now iPad mini 2 is crowded with apps. However surprisingly reverse has not happened, I mean the specific apps installed on iPad mini are not automatically duplicated on iPad Pro. Due to this duplication business my iCloud free available space has suddenly shrunk.
Now my query is; How to stop this duplication and keep distinct set of apps in both the devices (some of the apps might be common though). And moreover if I remove a particular app from one device, will it go away from both the devices?

Atindra

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, and disable Apps in Automatic Downloads, on both devices.

Deleting an app on one device doesn’t automatically remove it from the other device, no matter which settings you use.

Apps on your devices usually don’t need your iCloud storage, only if they are backed up. You can choose which apps to backup. Go to Settings - your name - iCloud - Manage Storage - Backup - Backups - the device.

Last edited:

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since your daughter has your iPad mini, if both devices share the same Apple ID this could cause issues with future purchases. One way to avoid this is to set up family sharing on you iPad Pro and set up a separate I’d for her. You will by using parental guideline still have control over purchases and permissions. But you will only have to purchase music and apps once, and share them. You will no longer share contacts, texts, and or appointments unless you specifically wish too.

Most reactions

Latest posts