What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little dissapointed...

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must say it seems Apple is stringing people along this iPad trail as slow as possible. Yes I am excited over the retina display. I now anticipate the 16th f the month for my black 32 gig ip3. All in all the a5 chip and 4gLTE capability is wonderfully. Everyone else making tablets will remain playing the catch up game. I give the credit deserved BUT , there are thing IMO that I expected that could have been included. Oh, the battery, not sure where we are with the battery as of yet. Someone , anyone ,jump in if you will referring to battery power as it pertains to the quad core graphics via A5X chip...
Such minor things like a virtual home button as an icon and that picture which we all seen as the expected style of ip3 is nothing close to what we ave. the picture featured a full glass screen. Edge to edge. No physical so rounding ,plastic bezel. Possibly curved glass or even a minor concave to the whole device. It not being flat is a bit much to expect but I feel they could have styled this iPad to be much more stunning. We are talking about a thicker looking device so that is an ugly drawback when compared to the sleek ipad2. I realize most of my disappointments seem non sensible but have to believe this now routine appearance to it would be less out dated if Mr. Jobs was still here. He did make the ip2 visibly nicer than ip1. We should have a ground breaking , " mind blowing " iPad at this point. We are the king of tablets after all. Money that we don't know what to do with and people who lead the industry and are from the Jobs school of innovation
At least a virtual home button icon. It's the little things that make ya.
The ip3 is going to be awesome. I like everything about it but it's new ,stupid name. If the ip4 ( not this 7" model coming out in 6 months ). Ya know, the one Steve Jobs said he would never do ! I mean the ip4 in 2013. ( if the world is still here ). It better be something that people like to look at and not only use. I'm rambling on here just to say I expected more but the 4 major upgrades are serious technology and apple should sell a trillion of them. Then maybe they will spend some surplus cash on style also.

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Capacitive buttons are a recipe for false contact...I'm personally quite thrilled they stuck with a tactile button.

Could they have changed the overall design? Could they have made it look like the iPhones? probably...ultimately does it make a difference in a device that many (if not most) are going to have in a case anyway? not really...

As for battery life...that is one of the reasons the new iPad is thicker. The battery has increased capacity to maintain the battery life we all expect of the device even with the increaed performance.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Changing basic design for the novelty is a losing game.. It is like a woman's wardrobe. Every woman will have dozens of outfits to suit their needs and moods. These may come and go as fashion and life dictates. But every wardrobe will have at least one basic black dress. It never goes out of style and always looks good. And it will stay in that closet as long as it fits (or longer, depending on the illusions of the owner). The iPad is the electronic version of the basic black dress.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Must say it seems Apple is stringing people along this iPad trail as slow as possible. Yes I am excited over the retina display. I now anticipate the 16th f the month for my black 32 gig ip3. All in all the a5 chip and 4gLTE capability is wonderfully. Everyone else making tablets will remain playing the catch up game. I give the credit deserved BUT , there are thing IMO that I expected that could have been included. Oh, the battery, not sure where we are with the battery as of yet. Someone , anyone ,jump in if you will referring to battery power as it pertains to the quad core graphics via A5X chip...
Such minor things like a virtual home button as an icon and that picture which we all seen as the expected style of ip3 is nothing close to what we ave. the picture featured a full glass screen. Edge to edge. No physical so rounding ,plastic bezel. Possibly curved glass or even a minor concave to the whole device. It not being flat is a bit much to expect but I feel they could have styled this iPad to be much more stunning. We are talking about a thicker looking device so that is an ugly drawback when compared to the sleek ipad2. I realize most of my disappointments seem non sensible but have to believe this now routine appearance to it would be less out dated if Mr. Jobs was still here. He did make the ip2 visibly nicer than ip1. We should have a ground breaking , " mind blowing " iPad at this point. We are the king of tablets after all. Money that we don't know what to do with and people who lead the industry and are from the Jobs school of innovation
At least a virtual home button icon. It's the little things that make ya.
The ip3 is going to be awesome. I like everything about it but it's new ,stupid name. If the ip4 ( not this 7" model coming out in 6 months ). Ya know, the one Steve Jobs said he would never do ! I mean the ip4 in 2013. ( if the world is still here ). It better be something that people like to look at and not only use. I'm rambling on here just to say I expected more but the 4 major upgrades are serious technology and apple should sell a trillion of them. Then maybe they will spend some surplus cash on style also.

This is the third thread I have read with this "opinion". And I find it funny that you keep typing about things that are either:

A) Impossible to produce at this time.
B) Make no viable contribution to the product line.

Apple is successful for one single fact. They produce a product that the masses wants to buy. Your ideas only address you. What about the 70 million other people that are buying the product? Are you suggesting they are wrong?

Also how do you imagine Apple implementing your ideas without raising the failure rate of the product or its cost?

Most reactions