What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a huge concern about my Mini's battery

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm a newbie here so cut me some slack if I'm overreacting. Here's the thing. I boght my Mini 3 weeks ago and spent so much money on it that every single possibility of damaging it scares me to death ;)

I'm concerned about my battery, its lifespan in particular. Could I have possibly done any harm to it if:

1) Right after buying the Mini I didn't let the battery level go to 0% but instead started charging it when it reached 12%

2) I took it on a trip to a very cold place and carried it around because I didn't want to leave it in the shabby inn I was staying at. Could low temperatures damage the battery? I didn't use it outside, I just carried it around in my bag and it was OFF most of the time.

3) I recently discharged it totally (0%) and then fully charged it again.

4) Recently I've been charging it when my Mini reached 10% or 15%.

Should I be concerned? How can I prolong my Mini's battery life? How can I check if I haven't damaged the battery?

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Take care

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be fine. Better cold temps than having it in extreme heat conditions. Apple states that the preferred operating temperature for iDevices is somewhere between 32 degrees (F) and 96 degrees (F). As for charging and discharging, given battery technology these days it is ok to charge when you need to. Apple recommends you fully discharge the battery (from a full charge) then charge it back up (uninterrupted) once a month to calibrate the battery meter. If you really want to get into the chemistry and fine art of preserving the iPad's battery you can but it is almost more of a hassle than what its worth. If you would like to know more please ask. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts