What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit of a brighter note on iOS 7 on the Mini

iZach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of opinions on iOS 7, but personally I like it. With that being said, it seems like my iPad Mini has a sharper picture now that it's running iOS 7. I didn't know if it was just my imagination or if anyone else with a Mini was happily surprised as well.

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad also seems quite bright and faster

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just updated and the mini seems to work well, batterie included. So far the only thing I'm not thrilled with is safari speed. I compared it to my iPad 2 on 6.1.2 and the mini is slower. Not by leaps and bounds but noticeable. I have done both the soft reset and hard reset after the update. Now I want the iPad 2 on 7 but am not so sure. Think ill wait a bit to get used to 7 on the mini.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to post a thread asking if anyone noticed that the clarity improved on the Mini.. I thought maybe I was losing my marbles,lol.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was my imagination! It is clearer, and now that I have calibrated the battery, it is holding up well. The Mini seems to run well on 7 and, mostly, I like it. There are some negatives, but only a few, and I do like some new features - foremost among them, swiping up to close apps. Cool! :)

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad also seems quite bright and faster (Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

That's surprising because my mini is significantly slower under ios7 and some games are just like a slideshow... Under ios6 everything was fine. I'm pissed off.

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. first thing that struck me is how crisp the screen is. Same speed, and battery usage. Everything seems to be as it was, albeit brighter and more colourful. Same for my Iphone 5. Just amazing how IOS7 transformed these 2. In each update I did rest all and rebooted.

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. first thing that struck me is how crisp the screen is. Same speed, and battery usage. Everything seems to be as it was, albeit brighter and more colourful. Same for my Iphone 5. Just amazing how IOS7 transformed these 2. In each update I did rest all and rebooted.
I have to say that iOS7, for some peculiar reason, seems to work better for some and worse for others... It makes me wonder...

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that iOS7, for some peculiar reason, seems to work better for some and worse for others... It makes me wonder...

Exactly. There must be something else involved. I mean my battery spent like 6% in 4 hours while surfing a bit, read few emails and everything is on (no trick or tips or any optimisation) except bluetooth as I never use it except when I use the external GPS. Same goes for my Iphone 5. I would say a good test would be,

1. Reset to factory default.
2. Test it for a couple of days
3. add a couple a applications a day and watch where it start to downgrade.

As the only thing I did is full reset and reboot after the upgrade. I don't have many applications (office suits, webex, gotomeeting, photography, and various GPS software) and no games at all. All graphics setting are on. If I don't use them much both the ipad mini and Iphone 5 last at least 2 days. my update was OTA.

it is indeed puzzling same hardware, same ios and radically different results.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. There must be something else involved. I mean my battery spent like 6% in 4 hours while surfing a bit, read few emails and everything is on (no trick or tips or any optimisation) except bluetooth as I never use it except when I use the external GPS. Same goes for my Iphone 5. I would say a good test would be, 1. Reset to factory default. 2. Test it for a couple of days 3. add a couple a applications a day and watch where it start to downgrade. As the only thing I did is full reset and reboot after the upgrade. I don't have many applications (office suits, webex, gotomeeting, photography, and various GPS software) and no games at all. All graphics setting are on. If I don't use them much both the ipad mini and Iphone 5 last at least 2 days. my update was OTA. it is indeed puzzling same hardware, same ios and radically different results.

I would bet you're right about apps. My iPhone loves 7, has run better, and lasted longer, right from the start. My Mini has needed several tweaks and I must put it into Airplane mode to keep from running down the battery even when it is idle. I do have a different set of apps on the Mini, more oriented toward doing some online work on web sites, etc., and I'm quite certain it is one or more of those causing less than optimal performance on the Mini, especially re: the battery. However, overall, I like 7 on both, and post-tweak, the Mini seems to like it as well.

I have not installed the small incremental update (7.02??) ... waiting to see if it has caused anyone any issues...

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple secretly turned your mini into a retina display mini. Soon they will secretly bill you for it though :D

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. There must be something else involved. I mean my battery spent like 6% in 4 hours while surfing a bit, read few emails and everything is on (no trick or tips or any optimisation) except bluetooth as I never use it except when I use the external GPS. Same goes for my Iphone 5. I would say a good test would be, 1. Reset to factory default. 2. Test it for a couple of days 3. add a couple a applications a day and watch where it start to downgrade. As the only thing I did is full reset and reboot after the upgrade. I don't have many applications (office suits, webex, gotomeeting, photography, and various GPS software) and no games at all. All graphics setting are on. If I don't use them much both the ipad mini and Iphone 5 last at least 2 days. my update was OTA. it is indeed puzzling same hardware, same ios and radically different results.

6% in 4 hours?! Mega iPad battery!

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
50 hours now and down to20%.. Since last charge. Same for my iPhone 5. Puzzling when I read that others battery is draining fast.

Actually my iPhone is 36 hours and down 47%. Both using 7.02.

Last edited:

jes1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the improved screen clarity several have spoken to is really a reflection in the change of the color pallet chosen for iOS 7. I do a lot of presentations in my work and for years it has been stated that for readability black on white slides are the best. The new Apple tones have black on white as a foundation and add well selected colors to enhance the experience. I think Apple got it right with the update. As a result, my brain is happier.

Most reactions

Latest posts